Stopping Chrome Download Alerts

Joe Orozco

Hi, to JAWS users using Chrome, have you found a way to stop JAWS from
regularly announcing download status? The verbal alert interrupts
across all applications, even if I do not have Chrome up as my active
window. It’s rather annoying. Thank you in advance for any fix
suggestions.

Joe

Lisa Belville

Hi, Joe.

Unfortunately, this is a Chrome issue and not a screen reader issue.  Chrome does the same thing with NVDA and there doesn't seem to be any way of turning it off other then using another browser while a download is in progress or moving focus away from any Chrome windows you have open until the download has completed.

If this has changed and there is indeed a way to modify this setting I would appreciate knowing about it because the excess verbosity is annoying.

Lisa Belville

missktlab1217@...