WhatsApp for PC

Kerryann Ifill <ksbf@...>

Hi all:

Does anyone have experience using the WhatsApp for PC platform with Jaws or NVDA? I’m planning to install for a client but not sure how it will work. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Kerry

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>

kerry
i got this from another list

*Using WhatsApp with nvda

*WhatsApp for web
There is a app version which you can install on to your computer. The
app version is the same as the web version in looks. Both the web
version and app version can not do audio or video at present.
so you can only send and recieve messages on the computer.
You will need to go to the following web address at
https://web.whatsapp.com/
Before you can use the web version you must have it setup on your mobile
phone and already have a account setup. After you have signed into the
app on your phone you will need to go to more
options...settings....whats app web and double tap. This will also need
to be done on the computer you are using.then you will have to scan in a
Qr code. If the code needs to be refreshed while on the graphic use the
NVDA key + enter key to do this. from the monitor for it to sign you in.
The computer must be on the same web address as above.

when you go to scan in the QR code The QR code is on the top right
corner of the screen.

This can be a little tricky to do but after it scans the code what shows
on your phone will show on your computer monitor.
You will neeed to do this from your phone to scan in the 'QR code.
The phone might vibrate when it has scanned in the code then mirror your
phone.

*After you have signed into the whats app on the web
*Quick navigation keys that can be used with NVDA

You can use the following B for buttons, E for editable fields, F or
form fields, H for headings, K for link,
For some reason on the buttons you can not use the space bar or enter
key you need to use the NVDA key + Enter key on the numeric keypad to
activate them.
On some sections the enter key will work You can use The up, down, left
and right arrow keys along with CTRL + home for the top of the page and
CTRL + END for bottom of the page.
From the page after you have logged in as you go down the page you will
hear the following button status, new chat button, menu button, button
but if arrowed up once you will hear clickable turn on desk top
notifications, or arrow down you will hear Search or start new chat
Just under it is a editable area where you can type.
Under the editable area you will also hear the following No chats
Keep your phone connected
WhatsApp connects to your phone to sync messages. To reduce data usage,
connect your phone to Wi-Fi.
WhatsApp is available for Windows. Get it here.

*Status button

When you go into this section you will hear the following My StatusNo
updates
Click on a contact to view their status updates

*New chat button

under the new chat section you will hear the following read out by NVDA
New chat
Search contacts you can search for a contact on your list here.
New group you can add people to a group you setup up to 256 people.

Amanda Hutton
Sleeping
Ray Pope
Hey there! I am using WhatsApp.
Nathan Wheeler
Hey there! I am using WhatsApp.
Larry And Ali Gray
Hey there! I am using WhatsApp.
Graham Posen
Hey there! I am using WhatsApp.

Status
New chat
Menu

*Menu button

Under this section you will hear nvda say clickable button New group.
You can have up to 256 people in your group up from 100

clickable button Profile ADD PROFILE PHOTO
Your Name
Gene
Edit
This is not your username or pin. This name will be visible to your
WhatsApp contacts.
About
Hey there! I am using WhatsApp.
Edit

Clickable button Archived Archived chats
No archived chats
If you have not arkhived any chats then you will get the above message.

Starredclickable button Starred messages
No starred messages

Settings Get notified of new messages
Turn on desktop notifications
Gene
Hey there! I am using WhatsApp.
Notifications
Chat Wallpaper
Blocked
Help

Status

clickable button log out. If you log out from the web version of this
app you will need to scan the QR code again to sign into the web version.

*Adding contacts

On your phone go into where your contacts are then add the persons name
and mobile number. They will need to do the same on there end. There
details will be uploaded to the app so either data or wifi will need to
be on to to do this..

*New chat

If you want to text chat one of your contacts locate the new chat
button then press the nvda key +enter key on the numeric keypad. You
will then be given the following Gen Search contacts

New group
FREQUENTLY CONTACTED
A list of your contacts will come up you will need to choose one. Ray Hope

Nathan Whyte
Locate the person you want to chat with and Press the enter key on the
person you want and then you will be given some options such as
You will hear attach, Open emojis panel
Type a message
Type in your message etc then send it.

You can also review the messages you have sent to them.

Hey there! I am using WhatsApp.
Notifications
Chat Wallpaper
Blocked
Help

Status

If you log out you will need to scan in the QR code again unless you
leave your self signed in.

Does anyone have experience using the WhatsApp for PC platform with Jaws or NVDA? I’m planning to install for a client but not sure how it will work. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Kerry

goshawk on horseback

have never been able to get past where one is supposed to find a stupid code. very aggravating!

Simon

Does anyone have experience using the WhatsApp for PC platform with Jaws or NVDA? I’m planning to install for a client but not sure how it will work. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Kerry

enes sarıbaş

hi,

It used to work, I presume it still does, but I can't seem to independantly scan the qr code.

On 4/24/2020 1:58 PM, Kerryann Ifill wrote:
Hi all:

Does anyone have experience using the WhatsApp for PC platform with Jaws or NVDA? I’m planning to install for a client but not sure how it will work. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Kerry

goshawk on horseback

same here. very annoying.

Simon

It used to work, I presume it still does, but I can't seem to independantly scan the qr code.

On 4/24/2020 1:58 PM, Kerryann Ifill wrote:
Hi all:

Does anyone have experience using the WhatsApp for PC platform with Jaws or NVDA? I’m planning to install for a client but not sure how it will work. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Kerry

enes sarıbaş

maybe I need a new/better camera. Iphone6

On 4/25/2020 10:40 AM, goshawk on horseback wrote:
same here. very annoying.

Simon

----- Original Message ----- From: "enes sarıbaş" <enes.saribas@gmail.com>
It used to work, I presume it still does, but I can't seem to independantly scan the qr code.

On 4/24/2020 1:58 PM, Kerryann Ifill wrote:
Hi all:

Does anyone have experience using the WhatsApp for PC platform with Jaws or NVDA? I’m planning to install for a client but not sure how it will work.  Any thoughts?

Thanks
Kerry

goshawk on horseback

it's still no good even when using an iPhone x.

Simon

It used to work, I presume it still does, but I can't seem to independantly scan the qr code.

On 4/24/2020 1:58 PM, Kerryann Ifill wrote:
Hi all:

Does anyone have experience using the WhatsApp for PC platform with Jaws or NVDA? I’m planning to install for a client but not sure how it will work. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Kerry

Hi all
I think you should ask a sighted people for help of the first time connect if you're totaly blind. Sounds like whatsapp web will remember your login info so you just do that once for a browser. Let's try!
Cuong

On 4/26/2020 10:41 AM, goshawk on horseback wrote:
it's still no good even when using an iPhone x.

Simon

----- Original Message ----- From: "enes sarıbaş" <enes.saribas@gmail.com>

It used to work, I presume it still does, but I can't seem to independantly scan the qr code.

On 4/24/2020 1:58 PM, Kerryann Ifill wrote:
Hi all:

Does anyone have experience using the WhatsApp for PC platform with Jaws or NVDA? I’m planning to install for a client but not sure how it will work. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Kerry

enes sarıbaş

nope. That doesn't work. It is only valid for like 4-6 months, then you need a QR code again, which is what happened.

On 4/25/2020 11:14 PM, Cuong Dang Manh wrote:
[...]

that's a fat lot of use if you happen to live alone, especially at a time when visits are band because of this poxy stupid virus!

Simon

It used to work, I presume it still does, but I can't seem to independantly scan the qr code.

On 4/24/2020 1:58 PM, Kerryann Ifill wrote:
Hi all:

Does anyone have experience using the WhatsApp for PC platform with Jaws or NVDA? I’m planning to install for a client but not sure how it will work. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Kerry

goshawk on horseback

so even more super unhelpful, what a stupid system!

Simon

It used to work, I presume it still does, but I can't seem to independantly scan the qr code.

On 4/24/2020 1:58 PM, Kerryann Ifill wrote:
Hi all:

Does anyone have experience using the WhatsApp for PC platform with Jaws or NVDA? I’m planning to install for a client but not sure how it will work. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Kerry

Timothy Mok

I suspect the issue lies with the browser you are using. I'm using an iPhone SE for scanning the QR code and on a Windows10 using Google Chrome as my primary browser. It's working fine. I used to use WhatsApp Web on my Windows7 desktop on an earlier version of the Firefox ESR version but when they upgraded that ESR version, the Firefox ceased to work with the WhatsApp Web desktop, meaning that I couldn't scan the QR code on Firefox. Switching over to the Chrome browser fixed the problem though. I suggest you try using the Chrome browser and see if it works out for you. JAWS gives you a better experience although NVDA also works just fine.
Tim.

0

it's still no good even when using an iPhone x.

Simon

It used to work, I presume it still does, but I can't seem to
independantly scan the qr code.

On 4/24/2020 1:58 PM, Kerryann Ifill wrote:
Hi all:

Does anyone have experience using the WhatsApp for PC platform with
Jaws or NVDA? I’m planning to install for a client but not sure how it
will work. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Kerry

Timothy Mok

Both my wife and I are as blind as bats and I did it all by myself without any sighted assistance.

that's a fat lot of use if you happen to live alone, especially at a time when visits are band because of this poxy stupid virus!

Simon

It used to work, I presume it still does, but I can't seem to
independantly scan the qr code.

On 4/24/2020 1:58 PM, Kerryann Ifill wrote:
Hi all:

Does anyone have experience using the WhatsApp for PC platform with
Jaws or NVDA? I’m planning to install for a client but not sure how
it will work. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Kerry

enes sarıbaş

Well, I live alone too, and my dad scanned the code he left from his visit to me, and then it expired several months ago. I wish there was bluetooth pairing or something to send the code across That would be more accessible.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cuong Dang Manh" <dangmanhcuong@gmail.com>

It used to work, I presume it still does, but I can't seem to independantly scan the qr code.

On 4/24/2020 1:58 PM, Kerryann Ifill wrote:
Hi all:

Does anyone have experience using the WhatsApp for PC platform with Jaws or NVDA? I’m planning to install for a client but not sure how it will work. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Kerry

Moty Azrad

Hi,

I do it myself too.

Moti

Moti Azrad
Musician and Piano-Tuner

motiaz@gmail.com

azrad_moty@hotmail.com

Israel

Both my wife and I are as blind as bats and I did it all by myself without any sighted assistance.

that's a fat lot of use if you happen to live alone, especially at a time when visits are band because of this poxy stupid virus!

Simon

It used to work, I presume it still does, but I can't seem to
independantly scan the qr code.

On 4/24/2020 1:58 PM, Kerryann Ifill wrote:
Hi all:

Does anyone have experience using the WhatsApp for PC platform
with Jaws or NVDA? I’m planning to install for a client but not
sure how it will work. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Kerry

enes sarıbaş

Could you describe it? Do I need to turn on the lights etc? Which camera do you use and how do tyou hold the phone.

On 4/26/2020 2:16 AM, Moty Azrad wrote:
Hi,

I do it myself too.

Moti

Moti Azrad
Musician and Piano-Tuner

motiaz@gmail.com

azrad_moty@hotmail.com

Israel

Both my wife and I are as blind as bats and I did it all by myself without any sighted assistance.

that's a fat lot of use if you happen to live alone, especially at a time when visits are band because of this poxy stupid virus!

Simon

It used to work, I presume it still does, but I can't seem to
independantly scan the qr code.

On 4/24/2020 1:58 PM, Kerryann Ifill wrote:
Hi all:

Does anyone have experience using the WhatsApp for PC platform
with Jaws or NVDA? I’m planning to install for a client but not
sure how it will work. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Kerry

Timothy Mok

Pretty simple, really. First, I launch my WhatsApp desktop on my PC. On my iPhone, I entered the settings for WhatsApp, then swipe right till I come to WhatsApp Web Desktop, enter that and swipe until I come to "Scan QR code" button. With my back camera facing the monitor from a distance of twelve to fourteen inches, I align my iPhone SE to the bottom left side of the PC monitor. Double-tap on the "Scan QR code" button on the phone and I'm set to go. It's night time here and pitch dark. I find I still can sync my phone with my desktop even with the room light off. By the way, except for Internet Explorer, a check just now showed the WhatsApp Web Desktop worked well with the latest versions of all my other browsers, namely, Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and even my Avast! Secure Browser which is accessible with JAWS but not NVDA. Hope this helps.
Tim.

Both my wife and I are as blind as bats and I did it all by myself without any sighted assistance.

that's a fat lot of use if you happen to live alone, especially at a time when visits are band because of this poxy stupid virus!

Simon

It used to work, I presume it still does, but I can't seem to
independantly scan the qr code.

On 4/24/2020 1:58 PM, Kerryann Ifill wrote:
Hi all:

Does anyone have experience using the WhatsApp for PC platform
with Jaws or NVDA? I’m planning to install for a client but not
sure how it will work. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Kerry

Thomas N. Chan

I do the qr code scanning quite often because I need to swap with two laptop with the same register whatsapp number.
I use on android and iPhone. You need to face your back camera onto the screen. My room is always n the dark too. So long the screen is turn on enough, it should be able to pick up the qr code. Hold it steady, move your phone angle right or left, all its about how you do it.
Once you get it working once or a few times, you will know the angle to do it. Personally, I got my colleague to help me to aim and I remember roughly where to aim and I got it working most of the time.

regards
Thomas N. Chan

[...]

Akshaya Choudhary

Hello guys,
If your PC or browser is in the high contrast mode, then your phone won't scan the QR Code for WhatsApp.  This is consistant for almost all the browsers. Turning off the high contrast mode should make the scanning work.

Regards

goshawk on horseback

wouldn't have the foggiest how to do this.

Simon