Notepad

Allen West

Hi All,

I have a .LOG file in Notepad. It inserts the current date and time
when I open it. When I am done inputting text, I have been typing the
Date and time to show that I have completed the current notes. My
question is: Is there a way to get Notepad to insert the date and time
when I have finished? If not, is there a keystroke to do this?

Thanks

Allen

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

1) To add a date and time stamp to an open Notepad, simply hit F5.

You will see it displayed as : 23:37 10-05-2010

2) At the first line of a Notepad file, type: .LOG

This will put a timestamp at the end of the file, every time you open it.

I have a .LOG file in Notepad. It inserts the current date and time
when I open it. When I am done inputting text, I have been typing the
Date and time to show that I have completed the current notes. My
question is: Is there a way to get Notepad to insert the date and time
when I have finished? If not, is there a keystroke to do this?

Thanks

Allen

Allen West

Thanks,

F5 works beautifully.

On 4/30/20, Mike B <mb69mach1@fastmail.com> wrote:

1) To add a date and time stamp to an open Notepad, simply hit F5.

You will see it displayed as : 23:37 10-05-2010

2) At the first line of a Notepad file, type: .LOG

This will put a timestamp at the end of the file, every time you open it.

*My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee

it cleans the toilet.

I have a .LOG file in Notepad. It inserts the current date and time
when I open it. When I am done inputting text, I have been typing the
Date and time to show that I have completed the current notes. My
question is: Is there a way to get Notepad to insert the date and time
when I have finished? If not, is there a keystroke to do this?

Thanks

Allen

Monte Single

Hey,

This is great to know.
I keep a running file of my bp and pulse.
I have been doing it using wordpad and tpying the date and time eachtime I make an entry.
I'll just chante the wordpad file to a notepad file and save my self a few keystrokes.