google voice number

Kimsan

Hi,

A google voice number as stupid as this may sound is it just a voice mail type of thing, or can people call you on it if you don’t want them to have your number.

How do I obtain one?

Thank you,

If you enjoy listening to HipHop and R&B, I invite you to follow me on sound cloud at https://soundcloud.com/user-756551454

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

Hello, you can obtain one by downloading the Google voice app and putting in your area code. And see if there's any numbers available in your area. And yes, people can call you on it if you don't want them to have your real phone number. This is what I use for doing my technology support work. End it also should be known that you need a Gmail account in order to have Google voice. I hope this helps and if you have any other questions please feel free to reach out.

joseph hudson

Technology support for the blind or better known as Mack, IOS and Windows support

FaceTime, iMessage, and email

jhud7789@twc.com

Telephone/what's up messenger

254-300-7667

Emergency cell

254-813-2461

Twitter
https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

Facebook

On May 7, 2020, at 1:59 PM, Kimsan via groups.io <kimsansong=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi,
A google voice number as stupid as this may sound is it just a voice mail type of thing, or can people call you on it if you don’t want them to have your number.
How do I obtain one?
Thank you,

If you enjoy listening to HipHop and R&B, I invite you to follow me on sound cloud at https://soundcloud.com/user-756551454

Hello,
Google voice is another phone service. You will use your existing number which will become your Google voice number. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ashley Breger

On May 7, 2020, at 2:01 PM, Kimsan via groups.io <kimsansong@...> wrote:

Hi,

A google voice number as stupid as this may sound is it just a voice mail type of thing, or can people call you on it if you don’t want them to have your number.

How do I obtain one?

Thank you,

If you enjoy listening to HipHop and R&B, I invite you to follow me on sound cloud at https://soundcloud.com/user-756551454

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

Ashley doesn't have to work like that.

On May 7, 2020, at 2:01 PM, Kimsan via groups.io<kimsansong=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi,
A google voice number as stupid as this may sound is it just a voice mail type of thing, or can people call you on it if you don’t want them to have your number.
How do I obtain one?
Thank you,

If you enjoy listening to HipHop and R&B, I invite you to follow me on sound cloud at https://soundcloud.com/user-756551454

Carolyn Arnold

Does it cost anything?

Google voice is another phone service. You will use your existing number which will become your Google voice number. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ashley Breger

On May 7, 2020, at 2:01 PM, Kimsan via groups.io <kimsansong=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi,

A google voice number as stupid as this may sound is it just a voice mail type of thing, or can people call you on it if you don’t want them to have your number.

How do I obtain one?

Thank you,

If you enjoy listening to HipHop and R&B, I invite you to follow me on sound cloud at https://soundcloud.com/user-756551454

Kay Malmquist

If you had a Google voice number, and you let it expire, can you get the
same one back?

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@gmail.com

"Where focus goes, energy flows."
Bob Proctor

[...]

Only if you he tried to get it back within the 90 day period. So say for instance, if I delete my number, and I choose to cancel it. I can go back a month later and reclaim it which I have done with this number that I have below.

On May 7, 2020, at 4:00 PM, Kay Malmquist <kay.malmquist@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Nothing extra than what you're already paying for your regular phone service Caroline.

On May 7, 2020, at 3:44 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@windstream.net> wrote:

Does it cost anything?

Google voice is another phone service. You will use your existing number which will become your Google voice number. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ashley Breger

On May 7, 2020, at 2:01 PM, Kimsan via groups.io <kimsansong=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi,

A google voice number as stupid as this may sound is it just a voice mail type of thing, or can people call you on it if you don’t want them to have your number.

How do I obtain one?

Thank you,

If you enjoy listening to HipHop and R&B, I invite you to follow me on sound cloud at https://soundcloud.com/user-756551454

Kimsan

I can get a separate number though right?

Stupid question, if I use my current number for google voice, how will I know if they are calling me, will this google voice app need to be open all the time?

I don’t use cellular data as I only have 2 gigs a month.

Best regards,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Google voice is another phone service. You will use your existing number which will become your Google voice number. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ashley Breger

On May 7, 2020, at 2:01 PM, Kimsan via groups.io <kimsansong@...> wrote:

Hi,

A google voice number as stupid as this may sound is it just a voice mail type of thing, or can people call you on it if you don’t want them to have your number.

How do I obtain one?

Thank you,

If you enjoy listening to HipHop and R&B, I invite you to follow me on sound cloud at https://soundcloud.com/user-756551454

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

Hello, I have mine set up where it will pop up with my own phone number whenever I'm receiving a call. That's how I tell if it is my work number calling my cell phone or if it's actually somebody else. I also occasionally keep it forwarded to my landline, and then I have a setting within my landline settings, that presents me with a double ring if my own number is calling me. The only time that Google voice will use data, is if you go into settings, and tell her to use data instead of the carrier. I for the most part keep mine using my carrier.
joseph hudson
Owner of a group called chat to join send a request using the following link.

kimsansong@icloud.com

[...]

Google Voice numbers are free! Besides Google Voice, there are apps like
2nd Line, Sideline, Burner, TextNow, etc. that are similarly situated. Some
of these apps have ads but, in general, they are usable should you seek to
have more than one phone number.

One caveat: These apps work over WI-FI and you don't even need a SIM card
to deploy any of them.

The apps discussed here are available from the Google Play Store, can't
speak for anything iOS!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Google Voice will prompt you when a call punches through. Example, name of
caller is announced, with an instruction to press 1 to accept. If you don't
press1, call is sent to Voicemail. You can also set Google Voice to DISPLAY
AS YOUR ORIGINAL NUMBER such that when you make a call from your regular
number, it would display your Google Voice number to the call recipient.

Note: I've done this in Androidville, can't speak to anything revolving
around iOS!!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

While we have the option to adjust the same settings in iOS, unlike Google, iOS does not save your contacts into Google. So when you are expecting to hear the colors name you were here call from and then they either have to say their name or you have to go online and program it into the Google contacts. I have this feature disabled As you will never know if one is going to say their name or not.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 7, 2020, at 8:26 PM, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. <ukekearuaro@...> wrote:

Google Voice will prompt you when a call punches through.  Example, name of
caller is announced, with an instruction to press 1 to accept.  If you don't
press1, call is sent to Voicemail.  You can also set Google Voice to DISPLAY
AS YOUR ORIGINAL NUMBER such that when you make a call from your regular
number, it would display your Google Voice number to the call recipient.

Note:  I've done this in Androidville, can't speak to anything revolving
around iOS!!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Allen Norris

It also has a do not disturb feature.

[...]

Just back your contacts up to Gmail, that should fix it.

[...]

Sorry, yall. I'm asking lots of dumb questions and I should google all of
this lol.
Anyways, I plan on only using it when I have wifi, since I only have 2 gigs
of data.
Ok, how many minutes do you get? Someone earlier mentioned numbers expiring,
when do they expire? Thirdly, I had my daughter test call my google number,
it used the same ringtone I have for my default calls.
Can I set it up for a different ringtone to let me know, ok, this is google
voice number.

Best regards,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@icloud.com

Google Voice numbers are free! Besides Google Voice, there are apps like
2nd Line, Sideline, Burner, TextNow, etc. that are similarly situated. Some
of these apps have ads but, in general, they are usable should you seek to
have more than one phone number.

One caveat: These apps work over WI-FI and you don't even need a SIM card
to deploy any of them.

The apps discussed here are available from the Google Play Store, can't
speak for anything iOS!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Allen Norris

No you can not set up different ring tone just for google voice. You can
assign ring tones to contacts. The calls are unlimited.
Your number will not expire unless you do not use it for more than 6 months
or even longer I believe. It will email you ahead of time and tell you to
use your google number or it will expire. So no need to worry about loosing
the number. I have 2 google voice numbers and I can receive phone calls
from both of them at the same time on the same phone. You can also make
calls using your computer. I have been doing that lately for work. It will
receive calls as well. Just go to
http://www.google.com/voice
Its easy to run.

Google Voice numbers are free! Besides Google Voice, there are apps like
2nd Line, Sideline, Burner, TextNow, etc. that are similarly situated. Some
of these apps have ads but, in general, they are usable should you seek to
have more than one phone number.

One caveat: These apps work over WI-FI and you don't even need a SIM card
to deploy any of them.

The apps discussed here are available from the Google Play Store, can't
speak for anything iOS!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

Hello, yes you can. If you do it the way I've described, you can program it to where your name will pop up. Or whatever you save the contact is. Just add it to your phone just like you would do anything else.

On May 7, 2020, at 10:10 PM, Kimsan via groups.io <kimsansong=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Yeah I know thanks. I like having all of my stuff in the cloud of iCloud. I pay for storage for that every month.