From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, May 10, 2020 2:08 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] RPC Server Not Found Message

Hi All,

On my wife's Win10 Home Dell laptop running 1909.18363.815 when she goes to print something she gets the message, RPC server can't be found.  Can anyone tell us how to fix this?  She accesses the printer through our home network since the printer and software is all connected / installed on my Win7 computer.  All help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.

joanne

I am going through my email, and I just saw this message from Mike. I too am having trouble with RPC rt4 .DLL error. That is so prevalent and I can do nothing as long as this error is on my computer. How exactly did you get rid of it? Please help.

Mike B.

The problem was the computer giving the error message was not connecting or linked to the correct home network as the computer with the printer software.  I had changed the name of my computer several months ago and it took my wife's computer this long to see the change.  So, once I got my wife's computer on the same network as mine everything is good again.

I am going through my email,  and I just saw this message from Mike.  I too am having trouble with RPC  rt4  .DLL error.  That is so prevalent  and I can do nothing as long as  this error is on my computer.  How exactly did you get rid of it? Please help.

Gene

See this article.

As you will see, the wording of the message may help solve the problem.  I read most of the article and I saw no reference to a server, though it may have come later.

Whatever the case, the article may be helpful.