Making an image of a hard drive

Mr. J.

Hi everyone
I just got a new pc and would like to make an image of my hard drive.
1 which program would you recommend?
2 also to make a backup of my registry which program?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Steve Matzura

Carlos's Windows 7 or 10 Pre-installation Environment has a couple free choices which, in his words, are "pretty accessible" for making images, but I would go a step further and buy the Terabyte product because it does so much more than making images and comes with real backup support tools. http://www.terabyteunlimited.com

On 12/5/2017 11:39 AM, Mr. J. wrote:
Hi everyone
I just got a new pc and would like to make an image of my hard drive.
1 which program would you recommend?
2 also to make a backup of my registry which program?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Aman Singer

Hi.
Try Drive Snapshot
http://www.drivesnapshot.de/
It will create an image of your drive. You can also try, if you
don't want to pay, the free version of Drive Image
http://www.runtime.org/driveimage-xml.htm
I hope that's of use. I'm afraid I have never bothered making a
backup of the registry, so hope someone else can give you instructions on
that one.

Best,

Aman

I just got a new pc and would like to make an image of my hard drive.
1 which program would you recommend?
2 also to make a backup of my registry which program?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Jeremy <icu8it2@...>

The nice thing about the terabyte stuff too is that it can also be placed into the Talking PE, but yes, the tools that are already included in the PE do work well enough. Thank you, by the way, for posting that podcast thingy you did on adding it to a PE. Carlos explained it several times on list before, but having it in a voice type tutorial thing was a nice touch. :)
Take care.

On 12/5/2017 11:39 AM, Mr. J. wrote:
Hi everyone
I just got a new pc and would like to make an image of my hard drive.
1 which program would you recommend?
2 also to make a backup of my registry which program?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Mr. J.

Hi everyone
And where can i find carlos tools and tutorials please?
Also is there a tutorial for the image for windows program? I use jaws
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

On 12/5/2017 11:39 AM, Mr. J. wrote:
Hi everyone
I just got a new pc and would like to make an image of my hard drive.
1 which program would you recommend?
2 also to make a backup of my registry which program?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Jeremy <icu8it2@...>

Howdy, :)
Here ya go:
http://opopanax.net/download/
Be sure and grab the PE for the version of Windows you are wanting to use.
The ActivAT application can be used to both create and restore images, so shoot a message if you need help with it. Also note that I've used this to make/restore images of both 7 and 10 professional and it works great, but if you want to use it for any other types of filesystems, so Linux or whatever, the process doesn't work as good.
Take care.

On 12/5/2017 11:39 AM, Mr. J. wrote:
Hi everyone
I just got a new pc and would like to make an image of my hard drive.
1 which program would you recommend?
2 also to make a backup of my registry which program?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

David Ferrin <df7782@...>

Over the years I did six tutorials covering image for windows. A couple of
them are older, but the basics haven't changed so I never figured on
updating them as it didn't seem important.

http://jaws-users.com/audio/

On 12/5/2017 11:39 AM, Mr. J. wrote:
Hi everyone
I just got a new pc and would like to make an image of my hard drive.
1 which program would you recommend?
2 also to make a backup of my registry which program?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

David Ferrin
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones
that mind don't matter.