Topics

more winamp help needed

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

I couldn't get winamp equalized the way I wanted it so I uninstalled and reinstalled it. I had winamp version 5.666 installed previously and I got what I installed this evening from ninite and it looks like it's version 5.8.

It has been several years since I've done a clean install of winamp, and I went all through the preferences after getting it installed and the only thing I wasn't sure about was the global hot keys, do I need to check the box that says something like "enable default multimedia key support"? I checked the box about global hot keys for winamp just below the multimedia box but I wasn't sure about the multimedia box. I checked both of them but of course I can go back and uncheck the one I'm not sure of if I need to.

Btw I tested it and at least things appear to be back to normal, I can use the up and down arrows for volume and the right and left arrows for going forward and backward in the file, I wasn't able to check going between files because it was just a single file but since the other things now work I'm confident that moving between files will as well.

Troy

Howard Traxler

My winamp 5.8 something has a bug.  When I shuffel several hundred thousand files, it plays a few and crashes.  Think I'll go back to 5.6666666.

Howard