AMD processors

Jim Wohlgamuth

Hi there!

I have been using AMD processors for quite some time now, and have found them to be very stable as well as good.  Don't think you could go wrong with one.  Good Luck and Have A Great Day! de

<wohlggie@...><KF8LT><Jim Wohlgamuth>.

On 18-May-20 10:30, Marie wrote:

I am shopping for a new desktop and found one that sounds good. I have never had a computer that did not have an Intel processor so have a couple of questions about the AMD processors. The processor is an AMD Ryzen 7 3700x.
How does this compare in performance to the 9th or 10th generation I7? Also, do the AMD processors have any effect on how your operating system or software programs run?
I don’t mind learning new technology but I am wanting this to be my primary, every day machine and put away my laptop and tablet, so I do not need any major “gotchas”.
Thanks in advance for advice.
Marie

enes sarıbaş

The current AMD processors absolutely obliterate the current intel processors in performance and power usage. So they are more than  a match for the intel ones. You also don't run any different software for them. However, if you would like to wait about 3-4 months, AMD is going to release their next generation of desktop processors, that brings another dramatic improvement to performance.

Marie <magpie.mn@...>