From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 4:28 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Outlook read reciept question

Hi all,
I'm wondering, is there a way to set Outlook so that it asks
me if I want to request that the person send a read receipt
everytime before I send the email? I have the box in
settings checked, and there are times where I want one, but
there are other times where I'm thinking that the person
just sends one without responding, so then I don't want one,
I just want them to respond. I'm running Outlook 2013, Jaws
2018 and Windows 10. Hope this makes sense, if it doesn't
then please tell me. Thanks Madison

Madison Martin

I already have it set up, I just want to know if there's a way to get Jaws to
ask me every time before I send a message if I want to request a read receipt or
not. It doesn't work for lists, and I'm quite okay that it doesn't, as I'm
really not worried and don't care to know when other list members read my
messages..

In Outlook, Press Alt+F+T+M, and Tab to it, then to OK.
Might get there quicker with Shift+Tab, but I don't think it will work on group
lists.

I'm wondering, is there a way to set Outlook so that it asks me if I want to
request that the person send a read receipt everytime before I send the email? I
have the box in settings checked, and there are times where I want one, but
there are other times where I'm thinking that the person just sends one without
responding, so then I don't want one, I just want them to respond. I'm running
Outlook 2013, Jaws
2018 and Windows 10. Hope this makes sense, if it doesn't then please tell me.
Thanks Madison

Kimsan

I press alt enter and tab 4 times to check the box before I send the
message.
That is doing it manually.

Best regards,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@icloud.com

In Outlook, Press Alt+F+T+M, and Tab to it, then to OK.
Might get there quicker with Shift+Tab, but I don't think it will work on
group lists.

I'm wondering, is there a way to set Outlook so that it asks me if I want to
request that the person send a read receipt everytime before I send the
email? I have the box in settings checked, and there are times where I want
one, but there are other times where I'm thinking that the person just sends
one without responding, so then I don't want one, I just want them to
respond. I'm running Outlook 2013, Jaws
2018 and Windows 10. Hope this makes sense, if it doesn't then please tell
me. Thanks Madison

Smiling?

Receipts Within Outlook

1. Within Outlook, go into Options (Alt+F then T for Options).
2. Arrow down once to Mail.
3. Now Tab or ShiftTab until you get to
For any message received that includes a read receipt request:
(There will be something similar to the options below for you to choose).
Always send a read receipt every time
Ask me to send a read receipt every time
Never send a read receipt

And you will just arrow to one of the selections/examples above which you
choose before Tabbing down to OK.

I'm wondering, is there a way to set Outlook so that it asks me if I want to
request that the person send a read receipt everytime before I send the
email? I have the box in settings checked, and there are times where I want
one, but there are other times where I'm thinking that the person just sends
one without responding, so then I don't want one, I just want them to
respond. I'm running Outlook 2013, Jaws 2018 and Windows 10. Hope this makes
sense, if it doesn't then please tell me. Thanks Madison

chris judge

Not to mention the fact that most people will just get annoyed and delete
the message before reading it That and high importance don't fly with me,
unless you're my boss do not send me a message flagged as important. I have
a plug-in that puts these messages at the bottom of the list.

In Outlook, Press Alt+F+T+M, and Tab to it, then to OK.
Might get there quicker with Shift+Tab, but I don't think it will work on
group lists.

I'm wondering, is there a way to set Outlook so that it asks me if I want to
request that the person send a read receipt everytime before I send the
email? I have the box in settings checked, and there are times where I want
one, but there are other times where I'm thinking that the person just sends
one without responding, so then I don't want one, I just want them to
respond. I'm running Outlook 2013, Jaws
2018 and Windows 10. Hope this makes sense, if it doesn't then please tell
me. Thanks Madison

chris judge

This is awesome, I didn't know about this.

In Outlook, Press Alt+F+T+M, and Tab to it, then to OK.
Might get there quicker with Shift+Tab, but I don't think it will work on
group lists.

I'm wondering, is there a way to set Outlook so that it asks me if I want to
request that the person send a read receipt everytime before I send the
email? I have the box in settings checked, and there are times where I want
one, but there are other times where I'm thinking that the person just sends
one without responding, so then I don't want one, I just want them to
respond. I'm running Outlook 2013, Jaws
2018 and Windows 10. Hope this makes sense, if it doesn't then please tell
me. Thanks Madison

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

I've always thought the Read Receipt was an option that fed one's conceit. If you get an answer, obviously the person has read your message. Now, if the message was timely, or an emergency, maybe, but I think the whole thing is a bunch of bunk!

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Gene

I would think that in some business or important transactions, such a receipt might be desirable.  For just standard communication, it isn't.  Either someone will read your message or they won't and is it really your business to want to be informed?  Its like supervising someone or indicating that you want to know if they considered your message worth reading.