Topics

what is a smart hub

Fanus

Hello list
When I read about home automation the term Smart Hub comes up gfrequently.
Can the gurus please explain what is meant by this? I consider to replace my
old tv, so does Smart tv's have built-in smart hubs?
Regards
Fanus

Hello Fanus:

Here's a PC Mag article on Smart Home Automation that I think explains
things better than I can:

https://www.pcmag.com/news/what-is-a-smart-home-hub-and-do-you-need-one

As for a Smart Tv, it needs internet access via your WI-FI setup to work.
Regardless of the OS in play, there's an app that must be installed on your
preferred smart toy in order to set it up and control its operations.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado