USPS informed delivery?

Troy Burnham

I think I just signed up for USPS informed delivery, will I get a confirmation e-mail if I was successful? I say I think I did because I had to try 3 different user names before I found one that seemed to work.

Also, I have a package due to arrive next Tuesday but it was mailed yesterday, since I've just signed up for the service will I be notified about this package or just any future packages?

Thanks.

Troy

On 5/21/2020 1:10 PM, Gerald Levy via groups.io wrote:

I suggest signing up for USPS Informed Delivery, a free servvice that will send you an email alert each morning you have mail or packages scheduled for delivery that day:

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Gerald

On 5/21/2020 1:18 PM, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi all,

I have a USPS tracking number for a package I'm expecting, but when I go to google and type in United States postal service package tracking and paste the number into the field it says to put my tracking number into I can't get any info.

The package was apparently sent yesterday afternoon so there may not be a lot of info yet, but when I've tracked packages from UPS for example in the past there was at least something on the page saying that they were waiting on the package. Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

Troy

Madison Martin

Hi Troy,
I don't use USPS because I live in Canada, but I know I get email updates about packages, so hopefully it's the same for you. Hope it arrives on time!!

[...]

Loy <loyrg2845@...>

You should receive an email each morning with all scanned pieces of mail, however I haven't found a way to read them. You will receive all notices of packages, these are in text so you can read them. A notice will show up when the packages are received at PO and it will give an estimated day of delivery,
-----I don't remember if I got a confirmation when I signed up. -----
[...]

Wendy Walker

I can read the images on my iPhone. I have to open the email and double click not once but twice on the image. It will then bring up a screen and I have to swipe down to where it says share and click on that. It then brings up another screen and I swipe way down towards the bottom after it says more and click on recognize with Seeing AI. It will then read that image for me. I then have to close that window then click done on the first window and repeat the steps for each scanned image mail piece. I am using voice over on an iPhone 7 with the latest version of iOS. I hope this helps.

Wendy

-----I don't remember if I got a confirmation when I signed up. ----- From: "Troy Burnham" <troyburnham34@gmail.com>
[...]

Carolyn Arnold

I ordered something from a regular seller on Blind Ads. She has something, because I got emails daily from the time the package was picked up Oregon, came to the distributing center in Greensboro, NC, then was in Sanford, then arrived. It was incredible. I was so impressed, almost tempted to just buy something else from her to see that work, but just don't need anything right now.

[...]

Pamela Dominguez

Okay, that's if you're using a phone. What if you're using a computer? Pam.

[...]

https://www.avg.com

Pamela Dominguez

I've had that happen a couple of times. But not usually, or not always. Pam.

[...]

What I got came on my computer in email, would have my phone, if that address were in sync with my phone.

[...]

Okay thanks all, from the sounds of what you all are saying I should get an e-mail tomorrow morning and then every morning until the package arrives.

I think I only signed up for package notifications but not sure, that's the only notifications I want for now.

Troy

On 5/21/2020 6:35 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
[...]

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

When setting up the tracking notifications on some carriers there is an option to add a second recipient to receive the alerts. So if your sender adds you to the notification, you will receive the same ones they receive.

Marie

[...]

I don't know if this has been answered yet but this is how to read the
scanned image of your mail on a computer:
(I am using Windows 10 build 1909, JAWS 2020, and Google Chrome)
1. Focus JAWS cursor on image of scanned mail piece.
2. Save image of your scanned mail by opening the context menu
(Shift+F10) and selecting save. (The context menu might not come up
unless you maximize your Google Chrome window by pressing F11)
3. Go to the file location where you saved the image (i.e. documents,
downloads, etc.) and focus JAWS on your saved file.
4. Go into the context menu again and select O for Convenient OCR.
This will read your mail piece and this process has to be done for
each piece.

The text recognition on the iPhone seems to be better but if you would
rather use a PC then there is at least a way to do it.

Wendy

On 5/22/20, Marie <magpie.mn@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Curtis Delzer

great call Wendy!