Topics

moderated help to unsubscribe from blind movie buff

Josh Kennedy

Hi

I am getting too many emails from blind movie buff as you can see in the forwarded message below. I want to unsubscribe but there is no option to do so and these days its not needed because I can go on the audio description project and see the latest descriptive titles that are out. So how do I unsubscribe from the blind movie buff links repository email list? The blind movie buff website is not working—I had an old email saved in notepad from 2014 or so and I tried using that info to log in and unsubscribe but the website is gone or has been moved. But I still get blind movie buff links repository emails for some reason  again see the forwarded email below as an example of the emails I am trying to unsubscribe from.

Thanks,

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 09:28
To: joshknnd1982@...
Subject: New Movie: Snowball Express [1972]

Snowball Express [1972] described

When John Baxter inherits a ski resort in the Rocky Mountains, he quits his job in New York and moves the family west to run it. Only to find that the place is a wreck. But together they decide to try to fix it up and run it. But Martin Ridgeway, who wants the property, does everything he can to ensure it will fail. Stars: Dean Jones Nancy Olson Harry Morgan Genres: Comedy Family

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvfp0k0jnazud8q/Snowball%20Express.mp3?dl=1

Gene

This group may not want information about it to be bandied about on public forums.  I haven't heard of anyone such as copyright holders going after such groups, that distribute audio described movies, still, it is technically illegal.  Do you know anyone who is on the list and who likely has current information?  Please write privately to that person asking for information.  If you don't, ask here for someone who is on the list to write you privately and give your address in the message. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 8:43 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] help to unsubscribe from blind movie buff

Hi

I am getting too many emails from blind movie buff as you can see in the forwarded message below. I want to unsubscribe but there is no option to do so and these days its not needed because I can go on the audio description project and see the latest descriptive titles that are out. So how do I unsubscribe from the blind movie buff links repository email list? The blind movie buff website is not working—I had an old email saved in notepad from 2014 or so and I tried using that info to log in and unsubscribe but the website is gone or has been moved. But I still get blind movie buff links repository emails for some reason  again see the forwarded email below as an example of the emails I am trying to unsubscribe from.

Thanks,

Josh

When John Baxter inherits a ski resort in the Rocky Mountains, he quits his job in New York and moves the family west to run it. Only to find that the place is a wreck. But together they decide to try to fix it up and run it. But Martin Ridgeway, who wants the property, does everything he can to ensure it will fail. Stars: Dean Jones Nancy Olson Harry Morgan Genres: Comedy Family

Gene

I have moderated this topic, meaning that messages require approval by me or the moderator so your message on this specific topic may be delayed or not get to the list.  Whether people join or use such lists is a matter for the individual to decide and I'm not making a judgment.  But I also don't want information that may endanger such a list to be discussed such as unsubscription information.  So I may send such information directly to the person who asked the question if it is sent here.

Gene, Owner

Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 9:18 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] help to unsubscribe from blind movie buff

This group may not want information about it to be bandied about on public forums.  I haven't heard of anyone such as copyright holders going after such groups, that distribute audio described movies, still, it is technically illegal.  Do you know anyone who is on the list and who likely has current information?  Please write privately to that person asking for information.  If you don't, ask here for someone who is on the list to write you privately and give your address in the message. 

Gene

Hi

Thanks,

Josh

Pamela Dominguez

Yes, that’s a very good idea.  Pam.

Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 10:45 AM

I have moderated this topic, meaning that messages require approval by me or the moderator so your message on this specific topic may be delayed or not get to the list.  Whether people join or use such lists is a matter for the individual to decide and I'm not making a judgment.  But I also don't want information that may endanger such a list to be discussed such as unsubscription information.  So I may send such information directly to the person who asked the question if it is sent here.

Gene, Owner
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 9:18 AM

Gene

Hi

I am getting too many emails from blind movie buff as you can see in the forwarded message below. I want to unsubscribe but there is no option to do so and these days its not needed because I can go on the audio description project and see the latest descriptive titles that are out. So how do I unsubscribe from the blind movie buff links repository email list? The blind movie buff website is not working—I had an old email saved in notepad from 2014 or so and I tried using that info to log in and unsubscribe but the website is gone or has been moved. But I still get blind movie buff links repository emails for some reason  again see the forwarded email below as an example of the emails I am trying to unsubscribe from.

Thanks,

Josh

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Josh Kennedy

oh yes you can write me privately about this at:

joshknnd1982@...

in case that email address did not propperly go through, it is:
joshknnd1982 (at sign) gmail.com

Josh Kennedy

hi gene,
no I do not know anyone else on the list. this blind movie buff list is an announcement only list, and replying to any of its messages is not possible and results in a, this email cannot be delivered, error message. I want to unsubscribe in order to cut back on how much email I get. and these days that announcement list is not needed for me, because there are websites such as the audio description project which I find are more useful than that announcement only blind movie buff list that I subscribed to years ago. and it has been 5-plus years or more I think since I got on that list. It's been so long I don't even remember how I subscribed to it. but since these days such an announcement list is not needed or necessary,   I want to just unsubscribe. 

Gene

Have you read the message as HTML and looked to see if there are links to do things such as unsubscribe below the message body?  If you are reading mail as plain text, you may not see such links if they are present. 

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 9:05 AM

hi gene,
no I do not know anyone else on the list. this blind movie buff list is an announcement only list, and replying to any of its messages is not possible and results in a, this email cannot be delivered, error message. I want to unsubscribe in order to cut back on how much email I get. and these days that announcement list is not needed for me, because there are websites such as the audio description project which I find are more useful than that announcement only blind movie buff list that I subscribed to years ago. and it has been 5-plus years or more I think since I got on that list. It's been so long I don't even remember how I subscribed to it. but since these days such an announcement list is not needed or necessary,   I want to just unsubscribe. 

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc.

Josh, if you can't unsubscribe from the particular mailing list in question,
how about blocking it?

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado