Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 7:41 PM
To: main
Subject: [TechTalk] How do I unzip files with Windows 10?

Does Windows 10 have a built-in file extractor or do I need to get
one?  Either way, could someone post instructions on how I would unzip
files and what accessible software works best please?

Thanks!

Peter

Monte Single

In win10,

Select the file you want to unzip,
Pressthe context key,
Press the letter t,
Press enter,
Press enter a second time and the file will be extracted to a folder with the same name as the file being extracted.

Does Windows 10 have a built-in file extractor or do I need to get one? Either way, could someone post instructions on how I would unzip files and what accessible software works best please?

Thanks!

Peter

Fanus

Hello Gene

I am sorry but you are wrong on this one. An earlier version of win10 could do what you suggest but it was taken out by a later win10 update. When I now press the application key I just get Winzip which is not free and another one that one also has to buy. I do not know if this is true for other users of windows 10 but it is like that on my pc.

Regards

Fanus