Questions about a .action file

Norma A. Boge

Hi group,

I downloaded a confidential document from the Social Security web site and
it is in the .action format. I've done this twice and have gotten this
Apple-Mac format each time. I am sure I am selecting the correct link.
First, has anyone experienced getting this file format when downloading
confidential documents from the SSA? Or anywhere, for that matter. Unless
I'm hitting the incorrect link, this must be a problem with the SSA site.
But, then again, I'm no expert.
I'm gonna return to the site and, again, look very carefully for the correct
link.
In the meantime, here's a little more about this file format:

An ACTION file is a file written in XCode and used by Automator, a program
for creating automations in macOS. It contains a specific action that can be
combined with other actions to create an automated process (these processes
are saved as .WORKFLOW documents)

Thanks,
Norma

lynn white

Hi Norma,

I’ve not heard of this file which surprises nobody. Is this something you obtained through the My Social Security account?

On May 29, 2020, at 3:32 PM, Norma A. Boge <naboge@mchsi.com> wrote:

[...]

Hi Lynn,

Yes, this is from the My SSA Account site. I couldn't copy and paste the relevant part of the screen, but here is my Jaws speech history. You'll see where the word "action" pops up, especially toward the bottom in the save dialogue.
I was able to print the document, which is fine but I'll have to scan it to get a file I can email.

Too weird, huh?

Thanks,
Norma

----------begin Jaws speech history---------
Overview, my Social Security
Link close
Get a Benefit Verification Letter
Print Now Alt+P
Button
Save A Copy Alt+s
Button
frame
MainRegion
Save A Copy Alt+s Button
To activate press Enter.
Alt+s
https://secure.ssa.gov/iBEVE/BenefitVerificationLetter.action - Google Chrome
https://secure.ssa.gov/iBEVE/BenefitVerificationLetter.action - Google Chrome
BenefitVerificationLetter.action
BenefitVerificationLetter.action Button
Print
BenefitVerificationLetter.action - Google Chrome
Edit 1
Address and search bar Edit
secure.ssa.gov/iBEVE/BenefitVerificationLetter.action
Type in text.
Ctrl+L
Page number
Rotate clockwise Button
To activate press Enter.
Download Button
To activate press Enter.
Save As dialog
File name: edit combo
BenefitVerificationLetter.action
To set the value use the Arrow keys or type the value.
Alt+n
Save As
Type