Audio Editing software that will allow you to change pitch?

Melissa

Hello group. Has anyone had any experience with using an accessible
audio editor that will allow you to change the pitch of a track? I'm
using Windows10 or I can possibly use a mac if necessary. Thanks for
your help.
Melissa

Howard Traxler

I have used GoldWave to perform the pitch change task.

On 6/1/2020 12:40 PM, Melissa wrote:
Hello group. Has anyone had any experience with using an accessible
audio editor that will allow you to change the pitch of a track? I'm
using Windows10 or I can possibly use a mac if necessary. Thanks for
your help.
Melissa

Geoff Eden <geden1@...>

GoldWave, is, of course, purchased software. Audacity, the free, reasonably accessible, audio editing software will do the trick just fine.

Geoff

Hello group. Has anyone had any experience with using an accessible
audio editor that will allow you to change the pitch of a track? I'm
using Windows10 or I can possibly use a mac if necessary. Thanks for
your help.
Melissa

Ron Canazzi

Hi Melissa,

Gold Wave will do the trick for you.  I use Karaoke files and some of them are not in an optimal key for me.  I use the pitch change option under the effects menu (alt + C for effects menu followed by P for pitch change.)  You can either change by percentage or by tone.  The tone change is most intuitive. They give you 4 choices for semi-tone: C to B (down one half step.)  C to C Sharp (up one half step) C to D (up one step.) and D to C (down one step.)  They also give you choices for up one octave or down one octave and if you want an odd number of step change such as a minor third (up/down one and a half steps,) you can use the half step up/down item to move the desired number of steps.

Good luck.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Angelo Sonnesso

Reaper and Audacitycan both do pitch changes.

73 N2DYN Angelo

[...]

Thanks everyone. This is very helpful.
Melissa