Topics

avast support

Adrien

Hi Tim

This is what I sent to another list. I don't know if anyone else on here has had similar problems but I am finding it increasingly difficult to contact support representatives at some larger companies. For example a few months ago I purchased the latest nero, trying to get a refund was a nightmare. On the 2 checkout website it tells you how to apply for your refund but the actual portal is not accessible, way back you used to be able to log-in and apply for a support ticket but not now. I had a similar experience this week after I purchased avast secure line vpn, I could log-in and get to my account and subscription portal but the rest had to be done by mum, it doesn't matter which browser I used firefox or chrome, the problems were the same and none of the screen readers could help. We used to be able to get e-mail addresses for support but not any more, you can't even find them on google, a lot of these companies use the same sellers i.e. clever bridge and  digital river among others , not all companies allow you to try before you buy, from now on, unless I can try something before I pay for it, I won’t be buying it in case it doesn’t work with a screen reader and I have to get a refund, they really aren’t making it easy for us now, a lot of the software interfaces are getting harder to use.   

Regards

Adrien G0mun

I run a group on groups.io, to join the group:

best-circle-of-friends+subscribe@groups.io

facebook page at bestcircleoffriends, just do a search for it.

twitter

@AdrienCollins12

Skype with me on adriencollins06

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Timothy Mok
Sent: 05 June 2020 00:44
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Ravast support

Hi Adrien,

If you go to support.avast.com, they should be able to help you with your issue. That was what I did when I needed to retrieve an activation key that just wasn’t in my subscription list. Or you may go directly to www.avast.com › contacts.

Kind regards,

Tim.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Adrien
Sent: Friday, 5 June, 2020 12:27 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Ravast support
Importance: High

Hi

Is it my imagination or is it getting more and more difficult to buy software and then try and get support from companies like avast and nero. There support pages are getting harder to find your way around. I got avast secure line vpn and want to get a refund for the soft ware easier said than done. Does anyone know of an email address that still work

Regards

Adrien G0mun

twitter

@AdrienCollins12

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Timothy Mok

Hello Adrien,

When I contacted the Avast! Customer support three days ago, I logged into my Avast! account and made use of the chat facility to get what I wanted. Their response was pretty fast. Perhaps it may do well for you to give it a try. Ask them if they can furnish you with an email address to a live customer support rep.

Kind regards,

Tim.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Adrien
Sent: Friday, 5 June, 2020 12:45 PM
Cc: 'BCAB Discussion List' <bcab@...>
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] avast support

Hi Tim

This is what I sent to another list. I don't know if anyone else on here has had similar problems but I am finding it increasingly difficult to contact support representatives at some larger companies. For example a few months ago I purchased the latest nero, trying to get a refund was a nightmare. On the 2 checkout website it tells you how to apply for your refund but the actual portal is not accessible, way back you used to be able to log-in and apply for a support ticket but not now. I had a similar experience this week after I purchased avast secure line vpn, I could log-in and get to my account and subscription portal but the rest had to be done by mum, it doesn't matter which browser I used firefox or chrome, the problems were the same and none of the screen readers could help. We used to be able to get e-mail addresses for support but not any more, you can't even find them on google, a lot of these companies use the same sellers i.e. clever bridge and  digital river among others , not all companies allow you to try before you buy, from now on, unless I can try something before I pay for it, I won’t be buying it in case it doesn’t work with a screen reader and I have to get a refund, they really aren’t making it easy for us now, a lot of the software interfaces are getting harder to use.   

Regards

Adrien G0mun

twitter

@AdrienCollins12

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Timothy Mok

Hi Adrien,

If you go to support.avast.com, they should be able to help you with your issue. That was what I did when I needed to retrieve an activation key that just wasn’t in my subscription list. Or you may go directly to www.avast.com › contacts.

Kind regards,

Tim.

Hi

Is it my imagination or is it getting more and more difficult to buy software and then try and get support from companies like avast and nero. There support pages are getting harder to find your way around. I got avast secure line vpn and want to get a refund for the soft ware easier said than done. Does anyone know of an email address that still work

Regards

Adrien G0mun

twitter

@AdrienCollins12

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Adrien

Hi

Tim

Ok thanks for this, I have a support email address now, they are not publishing email addresses or phone numbers now, some of these big companies are getting worse.

Regards

Adrien G0mun

twitter

@AdrienCollins12

Sent: 05 June 2020 10:45

Hello Adrien,

When I contacted the Avast! Customer support three days ago, I logged into my Avast! account and made use of the chat facility to get what I wanted. Their response was pretty fast. Perhaps it may do well for you to give it a try. Ask them if they can furnish you with an email address to a live customer support rep.

Kind regards,

Tim.

Sent: Friday, 5 June, 2020 12:45 PM
Cc: 'BCAB Discussion List' <bcab@...>

Hi Tim

Regards

Adrien G0mun

twitter

@AdrienCollins12

Hi Adrien,

Kind regards,

Tim.

Hi

Regards

Adrien G0mun

twitter

@AdrienCollins12

Virus-free. www.avg.com