Topics

FocusRite USB Audio Interfaces and Accessible Software

Debbie April Yuille

Hi All

Has anyone had any experience with FocusRite USB audio interfaces. If so, what screen reader-accessible software do you use to control them?

Thanks

Debbie

Jaffar Sidek

Hi.  I own the FocusRite second gen 18i8 Usb/thunderbolt audio interface.  Unfortunately, only the settings part of the software is accessible.  The mixing part of the interface is totally inaccessible.  I did have a go once to try to make the mixing component accessible, but the framework used to write the software does not allow the program to be exposed to existing accessible frameworks.  Cheers!

On 7/6/2020 4:58 pm, Debbie April Yuille wrote:

Hi All

Has anyone had any experience with FocusRite USB audio interfaces. If so, what screen reader-accessible software do you use to control them?

Thanks

Debbie

Jaffar Sidek

Hi.  I wrote earlier but I don't know if my mail came through propperly.  Anyway, I do own a 2nd generation FocusRite 18I8 USB/thunderbolt audio interface.  The interface consists of two components, the settings in which you can increase or decrease the sample rate and audio buffer size, and the mixer component which I am afraid is not accessible at all.  I did have a go at trying to make the mixer component more accessible by trying to create NVDA and jaws scripts for it, but I discovered that the mixer component is written with a framework that does not allow for the standard accessible interface on windows to be exposed.  Cheers!

On 7/6/2020 4:58 pm, Debbie April Yuille wrote:

Hi All

Has anyone had any experience with FocusRite USB audio interfaces. If so, what screen reader-accessible software do you use to control them?

Thanks

Debbie

Dave

Hello,

I own and use a Focusrite 2I4 unit.

I needed Sighted Help to set all outputs and inputs to 95 to 98 percent.

I then use Reaper and the Dials on the Unit to set levels, and to do mixing.

Grumpy Dave

Debbie April Yuille

Thanks. People have recommended that I use Reaper, so, I’ll use that.

Debbie