From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Teri
McElroy
Sent: Sunday, June 7, 2020 7:15 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] How to hide rows with certain text value in Excel

Hi

Another way to hide rows might be to do it individually as you come across
the ones you wish to hide. As you read the row and decide it's one you want
to hide, try the control-9 keystroke and see if that hides each row you
don't want? When I go to the hide part of the home menu it gives that
keystroke. It used to work with Jaws but I'm using NVDA at the moment and
can't get Jaws working on this pc so can't try it out.
When I find rows I want to hide as I go, it's a lot quicker doing
control-9 i.e numrow 9. After I've done control-9 and then go up or down
arrow the row I just hid is gone. The keystroke control-shift-9is supposed
to unhide a row.

Hope that helps. Just might be easier to do it as you go rather than trying
to sort the spreadsheet or select noncontiguous rows.

On 08-Jun-20 12:50 PM, Cristóbal wrote:

Hi Greg,

Just to be clear, The rows with the value of “In-Person Court
Certified” that I wish to hide are noncontiguous. I.E. spread all over
the place. SO I know I can individually hide a row with this
particular value with alt+h+o, but it doesn’t’ seem that there’s
anywhere to enter in the text value of “In-Person Court Certified”
before hiding the rows if I select the entire range.

Cristóbal