Topics

BARD MOBILE ON THE IPHONE

Hi All:

My buddy, a fellow Androidean, schleps around an iPhone7. A few days back,
he installed Bard Mobile for iOS 'cause he wanted to CHECK OUT its access to
.brf books/files.

The installation went well; when it was time to login, no matter what was
done, the login process was constantly aborted. Somehow, Bard Mobile for
iOS just won't accept the typed-in password entered at the login prompt
again and again, up to five tries before giving up! The same password was
entered in on an Android toy and voilá, the login was successful.

So, anyone knows what my buddy and I should have done differently?

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Monte Single

Greeting to the Denver Grenadier,

As usual, I have no answer for your question as I know nothing about
things android, and not much more about things ios, even though I too have
an iphone 7.
I quite like the word shclep, and I think schmooze is pretty good too.
I think there are several more words with Yiddish roots that start with the
letters s or sh.
I think some of them may be derogatory, so I won't use them here.

And, if I were a whole lot younger, I would be saying;
"
Are we there yet?"

My buddy, a fellow Androidean, schleps around an iPhone7. A few days back,
he installed Bard Mobile for iOS 'cause he wanted to CHECK OUT its access to
.brf books/files.

The installation went well; when it was time to login, no matter what was
done, the login process was constantly aborted. Somehow, Bard Mobile for
iOS just won't accept the typed-in password entered at the login prompt
again and again, up to five tries before giving up! The same password was
entered in on an Android toy and voilá, the login was successful.

So, anyone knows what my buddy and I should have done differently?

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Olusegun, you say he uses Android? Is he already signed up through the Android app?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Sis Ann asked:

"you say he uses Android? Is he already signed up through the Android app?"

Yes to your question, but also has an iPhone7 and wants to try the .brf
download implementation in iOS valley.

As I said, installed the Bard Mobile for iOS app, no qualms; just can't go
past the login prompt because password is being rejected on the iOS side of
the fence. Same password used in the Android toy and it's golden!

Since I live and breathe Android, I was unable to help with anything iOS,
hence the reason for my enquiry.

BTW, there's no .brf download equivalent for Androideans. The NLS BARD, in
its infinite wisdom, DOES NOT BELIEVE that Braille is alive in the Android
world.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Lisa Belville

How recent was this installation?  BARD had issues with the previous ap update and one released a week or so ago fixed the issue of needing to log in at the BARD site in able to conduct a search. The most recent version of BARD is 1.3.2.

Also, he needs to be registered with BARD and be sure his account is authorized to use his iPhone.  It is possible to have multiple devices authorized, but no downloads can take place on an unauthorized device. I'm not sure about just logging in using the app, though.

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@...

On 6/14/2020 7:53 PM, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. wrote:
Hi All:

My buddy, a fellow Androidean, schleps around an iPhone7. A few days back,
he installed Bard Mobile for iOS 'cause he wanted to CHECK OUT its access to
.brf books/files.

The installation went well; when it was time to login, no matter what was
done, the login process was constantly aborted. Somehow, Bard Mobile for
iOS just won't accept the typed-in password entered at the login prompt
again and again, up to five tries before giving up! The same password was
entered in on an Android toy and voilá, the login was successful.

So, anyone knows what my buddy and I should have done differently?

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Donna

How many devices does he have or has had the Bard app installed on? I can't recall if the installation of the app is a max of 3 or 5 devices. He may need to delete some devices that he previously installed the Bard app on. This can be accomplished on the NLS website, account settings & Help near the bottom of the page. This what I was instructed to do when I was having sign-in problems when trying to log-in with a new device.

Donna

Hi All:

My buddy, a fellow Androidean, schleps around an iPhone7. A few days back,
he installed Bard Mobile for iOS 'cause he wanted to CHECK OUT its access to
.brf books/files.

The installation went well; when it was time to login, no matter what was
done, the login process was constantly aborted. Somehow, Bard Mobile for
iOS just won't accept the typed-in password entered at the login prompt
again and again, up to five tries before giving up! The same password was
entered in on an Android toy and voilá, the login was successful.

So, anyone knows what my buddy and I should have done differently?

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Marie

The max devices is 5 and when you sign in to a phone or tablet it is added to that list. So it is important that you tell them to remove any such devices if you sell them or stop using them for the Bard books.
Just go to the web site and send an email to the contact given and tell them you want to remove a device. Once you do that, you can play the books on your current device.
However, it should be noted that you can log in on the new device even if you are over the limit. It will even let you download the books, but when you try to play them, you get an alert that you are not authorized to play this book.
As to why he can log in on the Android and not the Iphone is still a mystery since many, many Iphone users can log in with no difficulty whatsoever. So it is not a feature flaw with the IPhone.
Marie