Displaying The System Tray Icon For Windows Security

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I was finally able to uninstall Avast Anti Virus from my older and recently upgraded Windows 10 machine.  I did activate Windows Security.  On my two other Windows 10 systems, I see the Windows Security Icon in the system tray.  On my older and upgraded version (from Windows 7) Windows 10 machine--the one that I uninstalled Avast from, I do not see the Windows Security icon on the system tray.

How do I display this icon on the system tray for ease of access?

Thanks for any help.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Mike B.

Hi Ron,

Try the following:
1. Press Windows key + I, for settings, tab 1 time to, System , right arrow to, Personalization , and press enter.
2. Tab 1 time into the personalization list, and down arrow to, Taskbar , and press enter.
3. Tab several times to, Select which icons appear on the Taskbar link, and press enter.
4. Tab through the icons and press the spacebar to turn them on / off, depending on if you want them to show in the System tray or not.

Added note how to arrange your system tray in the order you want:

From: Mike B
I just learned that the Badges option needs to be turned off in order to rearrange the System Tray icons and here are my corrected steps:
Settings and their state:
Lock the Taskbar button, On.

The next several options I have Unchecked / Off.

Taskbar location on screen Combo box, Bottom

Taskbar location on screen Combine taskbar buttons, Never
Here's how I rearrange the system tray icons  running Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.379) & all installed versions of Jaws.
1. Windows key + I, for Settings, tab 1 time to System, right arrow to Personalization, and press enter.
2. Navigate to, Taskbar and press enter.
3. Tab several times to, Show Badges on Taskbar..., and make sure this is, Off / unchecked.
4. Tab a few times to, Notification Area, Select which icons appear on the taskbar Link, and press enter.
5. Okay now to put the System Tray in the order you want it in.  Tab through all the icons making a note of which ones you have checked / turned on because
you're going to uncheck all of them.
6. Uncheck all the icons.  Now you will go through and check the icons in the order you want them in but keep in mind, they will appear in the reverse
order that they are checked.  What I mean is, the 1st one yu check will be at the bottom of the list, the 2nd will be 2nd from the bottom, the 3rd will
be 3rd from the bottom etc. etc....  After you're done open the system tray to make sure it's the way you want it and Alt + F4 if it is.
Note:  With the System Tray now arranged the way you want it, you can now turn, Badges, on if you prefer this setting to be on.