Does iPhone SE 2020 record in stereo from built-in mics?

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

I know that the Voice Memos app only records in monaural sound, but is there an app that will take advantage of the phone’s mics to record in stereo?  I seem to get mixed stories from Google searches.  Thanks for your thoughts.

John Dowling <1008jmd@...>

I think the only app that records in stereo is the camera app.
John.
Sent from my 2019 imac

On Jun 21, 2020, at 11:21 AM, Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...> wrote:

I know that the Voice Memos app only records in monaural sound, but is there an app that will take advantage of the phone’s mics to record in stereo?  I seem to get mixed stories from Google searches.  Thanks for your thoughts.

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

Thanks John.  That is unfortunate.  It’s a shame that you can’t record stereo sound with the built-in mics without video.

I think the only app that records in stereo is the camera app.

John.

Sent from my 2019 imac

On Jun 21, 2020, at 11:21 AM, Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...> wrote:

I know that the Voice Memos app only records in monaural sound, but is there an app that will take advantage of the phone’s mics to record in stereo?  I seem to get mixed stories from Google searches.  Thanks for your thoughts.

Victor

Try an app called Dolby On. That app seems to record in stereo.

HTH,

Victor

On Jun 21, 2020, at 8:29 AM, Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...> wrote:

Thanks John.  That is unfortunate.  It’s a shame that you can’t record stereo sound with the built-in mics without video.

I think the only app that records in stereo is the camera app.

John.

Sent from my 2019 imac

On Jun 21, 2020, at 11:21 AM, Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...> wrote:

I know that the Voice Memos app only records in monaural sound, but is there an app that will take advantage of the phone’s mics to record in stereo?  I seem to get mixed stories from Google searches.  Thanks for your thoughts.

Josh Kennedy

I bought RecorderHQ HQ Pro. Recorder HQ pro may record in stereo and it has a number of other options in there as well it's a very nice very accessible very full featured recording app.

Josh Kennedy

recorder HQ pro also lets you connect USB microphones with the proper adapter.