Does iPhone SE 2020 record in stereo from built-in mics?

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

I know that the Voice Memos app only records in monaural sound, but is there an app that will take advantage of the phone’s mics to record in stereo?  I seem to get mixed stories from Google searches.  Thanks for your thoughts.

John Dowling <1008jmd@...>

I think the only app that records in stereo is the camera app.
John.
Sent from my 2019 imac

On Jun 21, 2020, at 11:21 AM, Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...> wrote:

I know that the Voice Memos app only records in monaural sound, but is there an app that will take advantage of the phone’s mics to record in stereo?  I seem to get mixed stories from Google searches.  Thanks for your thoughts.

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

Thanks John.  That is unfortunate.  It’s a shame that you can’t record stereo sound with the built-in mics without video.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Dowling
Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2020 8:25 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Does iPhone SE 2020 record in stereo from built-in mics?

John.

Sent from my 2019 imac

Victor

Try an app called Dolby On. That app seems to record in stereo.

HTH,

Victor

On Jun 21, 2020, at 8:29 AM, Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...> wrote:

Thanks John.  That is unfortunate.  It’s a shame that you can’t record stereo sound with the built-in mics without video.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Dowling
Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2020 8:25 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Does iPhone SE 2020 record in stereo from built-in mics?

John.

Sent from my 2019 imac

Josh Kennedy

I bought RecorderHQ HQ Pro. Recorder HQ pro may record in stereo and it has a number of other options in there as well it's a very nice very accessible very full featured recording app.

Josh Kennedy

recorder HQ pro also lets you connect USB microphones with the proper adapter.