Philips BDP5502/F7?

Vicky Vaughan <vrvaughan63@...>

Hi List, Does anyone here have Philips BDP5502/F7 DVD? Is it just a stand-alone player or can it be hooked up to your computer and act as your DVD reader and writer?

Googling it does not make this clear.

Since I am thinking of buying this unit for my computer, I would really appreciate someone letting me know about it!

Sincerely, Vicky V

Mich Verrier

Hi Vicky. This is a stand alone blue ray and dvd player. It plays dvd’s and blue rays. What’s interesting bout this player is that it has a voice guide that comes on when you connect this player. I don’t hve this player my self but saw the following un boxing link where this happened. If yu do buy this dvd player please let us know about how the set up go’s with voice guide. Hear’s the youtube link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akrp2x9QUhQ

from Mich.

Hi List, Does anyone here have Philips BDP5502/F7 DVD? Is it just a stand-alone player or can it be hooked up to your computer and act as your DVD reader and writer?

Googling it does not make this clear.

Since I am thinking of buying this unit for my computer, I would really appreciate someone letting me know about it!

Sincerely, Vicky V

Vicky Vaughan <vrvaughan63@...>

Hi Mich, Thank you very much for your response!

Unfortunately, then this is not what I hoped it would be.

I’m not talking about trying to put it inside my computer, Just connected to it.

Are you saying that you don’t think even that would work?

If that’s the case, then I’d say that it is a good start, but not good enough for me.

Sincerely, Vicky V

[...]

Hi Vicky and all from what I know this is a stand alone blue ray player I don’t know any more then that except that it has a voice guide. I do really wish though that someone who was blind could try this player out if only to test out the voice guide. I would love to hear a presentation about that. Because I would love to know if someone who is blind how excess for this player is it’s the only play right now if it’s Blu-ray as a voice guide. Back to your question Vicki I think you can get a Blu-ray USB DVD drive if you’re looking for something like that that was a fairly easy to find but I have no experience with Blu-rays I am we know DVDs but again I would love to know if someone could please either get their hands on this player somehow and make a presentation as to how accessible it is from Blind Perspective because I know myself and others were very interested in this when it first came out. From Mich