From: Sam Taylor
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 4:44 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Compress Zip Folder Error Message

Hi Mike,

In case you're interested, typing temp in the run box resolves to c:\windows\temp

whereas typing %temp% resolves to C:\users\YourUserName\appdata\local\temp

This explains the different files you are seeing in these two locations.

On 16/07/2020 9:39 am, Mike B wrote:

Hi Sam,

I've tried in both, %temp%, and if I type just, temp, into the Run dialogue the Temp folder shows up with totally different entries than the, %temp%, folder.  In both of these in properties / Security, the Users are set to, Allow, for full control and modify .  Since nothing else is going wonky I'll just use 7Zip and quit screwing around with it.  Thank you very much for all your help and input.