Topics

web browsers and windows 10

Shirley Healy

Is there a good browser to use with windows 10? I am using internet explorer, but its very slow. Anyone know an accessible browser with jaws 2020 and win 10? And if I am removing IE or updating it then how do I go about it?
shirley

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Use Chrome or Firefox.

Don't worry about MSIE, just make Chrome or FF the default and you'll be fine.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

heather albright

Do not forget about brave! It is a simplar version of google chrome and more secure too! cheers Heather

Don't worry about MSIE, just make Chrome or FF the default and you'll be fine.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@...
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

wendy Sheld-Walker

I use Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox on rare occasions. Some
sites work differently on different browsers so you may use one
browser for most sites but it is likely you will need to use a
different one sometimes.

On 8/4/20, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:
Do not forget about brave! It is a simplar version of google chrome and more

secure too! cheers Heather
Don't worry about MSIE, just make Chrome or FF the default and you'll be
fine.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@...
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

David Goldfield

Shirley,

Since you're using JAWS I would recommend a Chromium-based browser such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge (the newer one) or Brave. I would advise not using IE.

On 8/4/2020 10:06 AM, Shirley Healy wrote:
Is there a good browser to use with windows 10? I am using internet explorer, but its very slow. Anyone know an accessible browser with jaws 2020 and win 10? And if I am removing IE or updating it then how do I go about it?
shirley

Dave

I use Brave, and it is very responsive.  I also use Firefox when for what ever reason, Brave doesn't read a given web site well.  This doesn't happen all that often, but I have seen a difference in the way Brave does things and Firefox does the same thing.

But, I use Brave most of the time.

Grumpy Dave

On 8/4/2020 7:06 AM, Shirley Healy wrote:
Is there a good browser to use with windows 10? I am using internet explorer, but its very slow. Anyone know an accessible browser with jaws 2020 and win 10? And if I am removing IE or updating it then how do I go about it?
shirley

David Goldfield

Brave has become my browser of choice. On my older PC I find it a tad faster than Chrome.

On 8/4/2020 4:46 PM, Dave wrote:

I use Brave, and it is very responsive.  I also use Firefox when for what ever reason, Brave doesn't read a given web site well.  This doesn't happen all that often, but I have seen a difference in the way Brave does things and Firefox does the same thing.

But, I use Brave most of the time.

Grumpy Dave

On 8/4/2020 7:06 AM, Shirley Healy wrote:
Is there a good browser to use with windows 10? I am using internet explorer, but its very slow. Anyone know an accessible browser with jaws 2020 and win 10? And if I am removing IE or updating it then how do I go about it?
shirley

According to what I've read, Brave isn't inherently faster than other equivalent browsers. The difference is that Brave blocks advertising from web sites and provides their own. Therefore, much less content is loaded by the browser.

Here is an article from 2019 that explains what Brave is trying to do regarding advertising.
https://www.pcmag.com/news/brave-browser-will-pay-you-to-view-ads-but-theres-a-catch

On 8/4/2020 4:46 PM, Dave wrote:

I use Brave, and it is very responsive. I also use Firefox when for what ever reason, Brave doesn't read a given web site well. This doesn't happen all that often, but I have seen a difference in the way Brave does things and Firefox does the same thing.

But, I use Brave most of the time.

Grumpy Dave

On 8/4/2020 7:06 AM, Shirley Healy wrote:

Is there a good browser to use with windows 10? I am using internet explorer, but its very slow. Anyone know an accessible browser with jaws 2020 and win 10? And if I am removing IE or updating it then how do I go about it?
shirley

Shirley, for Windows10, many will probably recommend Edge or Chrome; but I
recommend Brave! Give it a shot, it might be your good friend.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Terry Olandese

Does anyone know if the latest brave will work with windows 7?

Shirley, for Windows10, many will probably recommend Edge or Chrome; but I
recommend Brave! Give it a shot, it might be your good friend.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Gene

It will. It is a Chrome-based browser and will generally work where Chrome will.

Does anyone know if the latest brave will work with windows 7?

Shirley, for Windows10, many will probably recommend Edge or Chrome; but I
recommend Brave! Give it a shot, it might be your good friend.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Terry asked:

"Does anyone know if the latest brave will work with windows 7?"

Sure thing! Alongside my friendly IE, I use it time and again in my
Windows7 box. So, go make the Brave browser your friend, it's close to
being mine as well!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Jim

Olusegun
Please provide a safe link to get this Brave browser. I didn't find it on Ninite.com. Surely don't want spyware.
Thanks
Jim
8/6/2020 5:57 PM, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. wrote:

Terry asked:
"Does anyone know if the latest brave will work with windows 7?"
Sure thing! Alongside my friendly IE, I use it time and again in my
Windows7 box. So, go make the Brave browser your friend, it's close to
being mine as well!!
Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado
--
Jim Elsner

Gene

To get a safe link, do a search for something like Brave Browser review, then read an article from a reputable magazine such as PC World where they will give you a link or give you information so you will recognize a safe site, such as a company name that may be used as the address.
such as the name of the company so you will know a safe link when you see it.

As an example, this article, from PC World provides a loink.
https://www.computerworld.com/article/3292619/the-brave-browser-basics-what-it-does-how-it-differs-from-rivals.html
The text below, when seen on the site, provides a web in the text as part of the text I'm reproducing.
Brave can be downloaded from this page of Brave Software's site.

Also, the article contains a lot of information about Brave you may not know and want to know.

--
Jim Elsner

Gene

For some reason, there was a problem with the link I sent. Here is the correct one:

Jim wrote:

"Please provide a safe link to get this Brave browser. I didn't find it on
Ninite.com. Surely don't want spyware.
Thanks"

Thank you, sir. I've never used Ninite.com for grabbing apps; I believe I
have the installer saved somewhere; I will zip it up and send it to you as
an attachment via private E-mail. Please stay tuned and thanks for giving
me a chance to help out this way. My next note to you will be private. God
bless!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Chris G

Hello,

The new edge also works great.
I've also used the AVG and Avast browsers, they work good too, however they
are best used with the antivirus services from those companies.

Don't worry about MSIE, just make Chrome or FF the default and you'll be
fine.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@...
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Pamela Dominguez

I didn't know that AVG and avast had browsers. I thought they were just security programs. Pam.