Topics

reading file information in file explorer JAWS versus window eyes.

adam morris

Hi all,
I'm working with someone who is still using Window Eyes but trying to use JAWS more.
If he is in a list of audio files in file explorer in Windows 10 using Window eyes he can hear the file length as he arrows through the list.
If he unloads WE and loads JAWS he doesn't hear any of the information like file length spoken.
Does anyone know how to get JAWS to speak this information apart from going into the file properties with windows enter.
TIA.

--

Adam Morris
Email, iMessage & FaceTime

Sam Taylor

Hi Adam,

JAWS doesn't read these tool tips when arrowing through the filenames.

If the view is set to list, then using right/left arrow keys will present the info. Otherwise they can press jaws key plus tab to read all associated file data.

Cheers

Sam

.

On 9/08/2020 8:14 pm, adam morris wrote:
Hi all,
I'm working with someone who is still using Window Eyes but trying to use JAWS more.
If he is in a list of audio files in file explorer in Windows 10 using Window eyes he can hear the file length as he arrows through the list.
If he unloads WE and loads JAWS he doesn't hear any of the information like file length spoken.
Does anyone know how to get JAWS to speak this information apart from going into the file properties with windows enter.
TIA.

--

Adam Morris
Email, iMessage & FaceTime
adam@...

Gene

Has he tried right arrowing while on a name to see if he can move through information fields? If he sees no fields, he should change the view in the Windows file explorer from list to details.