Topics

Groups.io and Charter Email

Marie

I have a charter email account set up and I can send and receive messages just fine except to or from Groups.io. Is there some conflict between the two?

Marie

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

What exactly is the issue? Are you not able to receive are you not able to send what's the deal?
joseph hudson

Email FaceTime and iMessage
jhud7789@...

Office phone/what's up messenger

254-300-7667

Emergency sell

254-813-2461

https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

On Aug 10, 2020, at 3:25 PM, Marie <magpie.mn@...> wrote:

I have a charter email account set up and I can send and receive messages just fine except to or from Groups.io. Is there some conflict between the two?

Marie

Mike B

Hi Marie,

This is exactly why I ditched Charter and went to Fastmail for all my email groups, .  It seems that Charter will throttle down your email if you receive / send too much email, but I could never get Charter / Spectrum to admit to this and someone else on this list posted something to the effect this would happen after a certain number of emails per month.  Well whatever the problem with Charter is, I have absolutely zero problems with Fastmail.  Another problem I had with Charter was boucing email with Groups.io which is something I have zero problems using Fastmail.

I have a charter email account set up and I can send and receive messages just fine except to or from Groups.io. Is there some conflict between the two?

Marie

Gene

You have to pay for Fast Mail, but not with GMail. GMail works very well and you can use it with e-mail programs. It may be that Fast Mail has features some people may want but I don't think the typical e-mail user would want them.

This is exactly why I ditched Charter and went to Fastmail for all my email groups, . It seems that Charter will throttle down your email if you receive / send too much email, but I could never get Charter / Spectrum to admit to this and someone else on this list posted something to the effect this would happen after a certain number of emails per month. Well whatever the problem with Charter is, I have absolutely zero problems with Fastmail. Another problem I had with Charter was boucing email with Groups.io which is something I have zero problems using Fastmail.

I have a charter email account set up and I can send and receive messages just fine except to or from Groups.io. Is there some conflict between the two?

Marie

Marie

I sent a subscribe email to Groups.io and never received a confirmation email. The group did not require approval for subscription.
But,as I stated I can receive from other sources?

Marie

What exactly is the issue? Are you not able to receive are you not able to send what's the deal?
joseph hudson

Email FaceTime and iMessage
jhud7789@...

Office phone/what's up messenger

254-300-7667

Emergency sell

254-813-2461

https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

On Aug 10, 2020, at 3:25 PM, Marie <magpie.mn@...> wrote:

I have a charter email account set up and I can send and receive messages just fine except to or from Groups.io. Is there some conflict between the two?

Marie

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

Marie, go online and check your spam folder sometimes these things in Dippin there.

-----Original Message----- From: joseph hudson
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 1:29 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io

What exactly is the issue? Are you not able to receive are you not able to send what's the deal?
joseph hudson

Email FaceTime and iMessage
jhud7789@...

Office phone/what's up messenger

254-300-7667

Emergency sell

254-813-2461

https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

On Aug 10, 2020, at 3:25 PM, Marie <magpie.mn@...> wrote:

I have a charter email account set up and I can send and receive messages just fine except to or from Groups.io. Is there some conflict between the two?

Marie

Marie

Is it possible to create rules/filters on the web site so they will apply on all the devices you might use for email? This is one thing I like about the charter account. To me, it is easier than on the Gmail site, which I really dislike.

Marie

This is exactly why I ditched Charter and went to Fastmail for all my email groups, .  It seems that Charter will throttle down your email if you receive / send too much email, but I could never get Charter / Spectrum to admit to this and someone else on this list posted something to the effect this would happen after a certain number of emails per month.  Well whatever the problem with Charter is, I have absolutely zero problems with Fastmail.  Another problem I had with Charter was boucing email with Groups.io which is something I have zero problems using Fastmail.

I have a charter email account set up and I can send and receive messages just fine except to or from Groups.io. Is there some conflict between the two?

Marie

Marie

Will do.

Marie

Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 1:29 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io

What exactly is the issue? Are you not able to receive are you not able to send what's the deal?
joseph hudson

Email FaceTime and iMessage
jhud7789@...

Office phone/what's up messenger

254-300-7667

Emergency sell

254-813-2461

https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

On Aug 10, 2020, at 3:25 PM, Marie <magpie.mn@...> wrote:

I have a charter email account set up and I can send and receive messages just fine except to or from Groups.io. Is there some conflict between the two?

Marie

George McCoy

I don't know about subscription requeses but any email with 500 or more recipients is considered spam by charter and the originating address is blocked.  This from three different charter tech support people at various levels in the tech support hierarchy.

George

On 8/10/2020 3:25 PM, Marie wrote:
I have a charter email account set up and I can send and receive messages just fine except to or from Groups.io. Is there some conflict between the two?

Marie

Brian Zolo

Hey there, marie, Brian Zolo here in Gahanna, Ohio, feel free to call me BZ, grin!  I’m also a spectrum user and don’t have problems so you might want to give technical support a call and open a ticket and see whether they’re blocking groups.io.  Let me know if I can be of further assistance, have a great day!  bZ!

I have a charter email account set up and I can send and receive messages just fine except to or from Groups.io. Is there some conflict between the two?

Marie

Pamela Dominguez

I don't like gmail, because google keeps bugging me every time I turn around, practically, and also, I can't see my messages when I post to a list unless it is underneath a reply. Pam.

I have a charter email account set up and I can send and receive messages
just fine except to or from Groups.io. Is there some conflict between the
two?

Marie

https://www.avg.com

Gene

I don't know what you mean by bugging you. It never bugs me. And as far as your messages being under your replies, that's because you haven't changed a setting in either your e-mail program or GMail, its been so long I'm not sure which but I think if you are using an e-mail program it’s a setting in that program. There is a setting in the web interface to change the behavior as well.

I don't like gmail, because google keeps bugging me every time I turn
around, practically, and also, I can't see my messages when I post to a list
unless it is underneath a reply. Pam.

I have a charter email account set up and I can send and receive messages
just fine except to or from Groups.io. Is there some conflict between the
two?

Marie

https://www.avg.com

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

Oh and to also receive your own replies in your inbox, there is a setting on the groups.io website that needs to be changed. If you want, I can walk you through that as well as send you a automatic login link that way that you can go onto Jessie's settings or if you wish for me to do it for you, I could go off-line with you, and login to your Gmail and fix the problem for you if you would like. And I will by and if you don't feel comfortable with me doing it, if you want to give me your computer guys phone number that helps you out all the time, I can give him the steps and he can fix it for you if you would like. Because I know you've been going through a lot here lately.no means give anybody any of your information.

-----Original Message----- From: Pamela Dominguez
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 9:41 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

-----Original Message----- From: Gene
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 6:32 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

-----Original Message----- From: Mike B
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 5:20 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

----- Original Message ----- From: Marie
I have a charter email account set up and I can send and receive messages
just fine except to or from Groups.io. Is there some conflict between the
two?

Marie

https://www.avg.com

Gene

I'm not sure what command you are talking about. If it is the recent command, that isn't something you adjust on the web site, so I don't think you are talking about that. And, from trying it, I concluded that it wasn't sending my list mail directly from the list. It was sending me a copy of my message but not from the list serve. So it was useless in terms of telling me whether my messag had reached the list.

But none of this matters if you use Groups.io lists and a lot of e-mail lists have migrated there, or here, since we are using it on this list. GMail has no command to allow you to receive list mail. Groups.io has a command to circumvent GMail's not sending you your own list mail. It has been on by default for a long time. So, given the number of groups on Groups.io now, this may not be much problem anymore for a lot of blind e-mail list users or a minor one.

I have a charter email account set up and I can send and receive messages
just fine except to or from Groups.io. Is there some conflict between the
two?

Marie

https://www.avg.com

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

No, Groups. that io has a rerouting function there is a checkbox in your account, that will allow you to receive your own messages. I was explaining this feature for Pam.

On Aug 11, 2020, at 11:03 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

[...]

That check box is checked by default in Groups.io. I wanted to make clear that GMail doesn't properly let you receive your own messages from other groups. That's annoying but since I only use Groups.io groups, it doesn't matter. Even if I used other groups, messages almost always get to them so that probablyy wouldn't stop me from using GMail.

I have a charter email account set up and I can send and receive messages
just fine except to or from Groups.io. Is there some conflict between the
two?

Marie

https://www.avg.com

Pamela Dominguez

Why would she have to go online to check the spam folder? Mine is in my email program. Pam.

Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 1:29 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io

What exactly is the issue? Are you not able to receive are you not able to send what's the deal?
joseph hudson

Email FaceTime and iMessage
jhud7789@...

Office phone/what's up messenger

254-300-7667

Emergency sell

254-813-2461

https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

On Aug 10, 2020, at 3:25 PM, Marie <magpie.mn@...> wrote:

I have a charter email account set up and I can send and receive messages just fine except to or from Groups.io. Is there some conflict between the two?

Marie

https://www.avg.com

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

Sometimes the big companies the spam boxes do not sing over another reason why I would suggest that, is because on mine whenever I first got my cable box, I had a box say I could check that would move all suspected messages that might be spam to my inbox I wouldn't even have to worry about checking my spam box. Which is what I've done with this current account.

Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 1:29 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io

What exactly is the issue? Are you not able to receive are you not able to send what's the deal?
joseph hudson

Email FaceTime and iMessage
jhud7789@...

Office phone/what's up messenger

254-300-7667

Emergency sell

254-813-2461

https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

On Aug 10, 2020, at 3:25 PM, Marie <magpie.mn@...> wrote:

I have a charter email account set up and I can send and receive messages just fine except to or from Groups.io. Is there some conflict between the two?

Marie

https://www.avg.com

Pamela Dominguez

No, my messages only show up if somebody replies to them, but I don't see the message when I first send them. Only if somebody replies to them. As for them being under the replies, that's where they belong. But every time I open up a browser to type in a website, google automatically gets right there and puts me in search mode, as if I'm searching for something, not actually knowing what I want to open. So, I have to take it out of that mode. That's what I mean bugging me all the time. I only want google if I actually want to search for something. Pam.

I don't like gmail, because google keeps bugging me every time I turn
around, practically, and also, I can't see my messages when I post to a list
unless it is underneath a reply. Pam.

I have a charter email account set up and I can send and receive messages
just fine except to or from Groups.io. Is there some conflict between the
two?

Marie

https://www.avg.com

Carolyn Arnold

I just go to Google and type in the web site in the Search mode; it works.