Topics

Amazon Echo conference calling?

Walter Ramage

Hi all.  I know that someone with an Amazon Echo or dot etc can call another person in their contacts via the Echo.  However does anybody know if this can be extended to a 3 or 4 person, or more conference call?  Or might it just be that it is only possible to have a one to one call at any one time?  Walter.

Michael Boyd <mike122061@...>

Hi Walter,

If you are making this conference call through a service wherein you call into a toll free number to join the conference, or if you have your own system that the different participants connect through, then I believe you should be able to do this through an Echo or Dot. If you are trying to connect to each participant by calling each one of them as in a 3 way call, then I believe not.

Michael

Hi all.  I know that someone with an Amazon Echo or dot etc can call another person in their contacts via the Echo.  However does anybody know if this can be extended to a 3 or 4 person, or more conference call?  Or might it just be that it is only possible to have a one to one call at any one time?  Walter.

Blaster

You bring up an interesting point. Many conference calls require you
to push a button or input an access code, can this be done by voice on
an echo?
I haven't found any info that says you can, maybe there's a skill?

Blaster

On 12/16/17, Michael Boyd <mike122061@...> wrote:

Hi Walter,

If you are making this conference call through a service wherein you call
into a toll free number to join the conference, or if you have your own
system that the different participants connect through, then I believe you
should be able to do this through an Echo or Dot. If you are trying to
connect to each participant by calling each one of them as in a 3 way call,
then I believe not.

Michael

Hi all. I know that someone with an Amazon Echo or dot etc can call another
person in their contacts via the Echo. However does anybody know if this
can be extended to a 3 or 4 person, or more conference call? Or might it
just be that it is only possible to have a one to one call at any one time?
Walter.

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

Virus-free.

Michael Boyd <mike122061@...>

Well, that's true isn't it. I really do not know a lot about the Echo devices as I do not own one. I do use a conference system quite a lot however, and it requires that a code be dialed in to join a conference call. Does the Echo have a remote control that could possibly be used to enter a code?

Michael

Hi all. I know that someone with an Amazon Echo or dot etc can call
another person in their contacts via the Echo. However does anybody
know if this can be extended to a 3 or 4 person, or more conference
call? Or might it just be that it is only possible to have a one to one call at any one time?
Walter.

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange
-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium
=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

Virus-free.
rce=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

Blaster

There are remotes available, however, I don't own one or even know
what they do exactly. It would be great if they made one that
resembled a phone with buttons.

[...]

Hi.  Thanks.  I thought that might be the case.  I was asking on behalf of a friend as I don’t own an echo as I don’t think I have a need for one as I can ask Siri anything I need to know and I know the Echo will play music but I have a huge music library and a high end music system so have no need to pay for a music subscription.  Now if Aleexa can do the house cleaning, make the dinner, wash the dishes, do the laundry, drive the car, read the mail and mowe the lawn then I would consider getting one but even then, isn’t that what a wife is for LOL.  On the up side though you don’t always have to compliment Eleexa or buy her gifts or let her spend a fortune on shopping trips LOL. Walter.

If you are making this conference call through a service wherein you call into a toll free number to join the conference, or if you have your own system that the different participants connect through, then I believe you should be able to do this through an Echo or Dot. If you are trying to connect to each participant by calling each one of them as in a 3 way call, then I believe not.

Michael

Hi all.  I know that someone with an Amazon Echo or dot etc can call another person in their contacts via the Echo.  However does anybody know if this can be extended to a 3 or 4 person, or more conference call?  Or might it just be that it is only possible to have a one to one call at any one time?  Walter.

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Usually, if you have an extension or code to type after the main phone number, placing two or three commas and then the code will make this possible if you put the phone number in your contacts.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring