Seeking Android List Info

Lisa Belville

Hi, all.

I'm searching for any blind Android lists out there.

I tried the Google Groups one listed in the list of resources put out at the first of every month.

The subscription address is:

eyes-free+subscribe@googlegroups.com

I tried this address and got back an error message from Google groups saying the list doesn't allow postings via Email.  It also appears to be a list for programmers and developers.  I need something a bit more uh, basic.

Are there any lists out there like the lists set up for Apple products?

Thank you in advance for the information.

Lisa

--
Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@frontier.com

Smiling?

ANATAD is an Android list.

anatad+subscribe@googlegroups.com

I'm searching for any blind Android lists out there.

I tried the Google Groups one listed in the list of resources put out at the first of every month.

The subscription address is:

eyes-free+subscribe@googlegroups.com

I tried this address and got back an error message from Google groups
saying the list doesn't allow postings via Email. It also appears to be
a list for programmers and developers. I need something a bit more uh,
basic.

Are there any lists out there like the lists set up for Apple products?

Thank you in advance for the information.

Lisa

--
Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@frontier.com

Josh Kennedy

Tante Lisa, welcome to the world of Android; I sure hope you'd love it here.

Indeed, the list put out by the TechTalk mailing list begs for an update.
Eyes-free is still around, however, it's an ANNOUNCE-ONLY list now. It was
established by Google to enable Talkback users and its developers interact
with each other. Much later sometime last year, the cords were pulled
airtight by Google's Accessibility team and the interaction between users
and developers left Purgatory for hell!

There are quite a number of Android mailing lists; the most popular one is
anatad, meaning, Android News, Apps, Talks and Deals. Join it by sending a
blank message to:

anatad+subscribe@googlegroups.com

It can be a high traffic list; tempers can and do flare-up now and then;
there's NO REAL MODERATION, each member is expected to be either the CHILD
OR ADULT IN THE ROOM. Discussions on the list is NOT NECESSARILY limited to
Android. As a mattr of fact, iOS enthusiasts do get help over there as
well, same holds for Windows fan folks, and Linux does get mixed in once in
a while. Abstract issues do get some airplay too. Thus, if you can ignore
the noise, there are many talented folks on the list that are READY AND
WILLING to help you out.

Anatad does have a podcast; check it out at:

www.anatadpodcast.com

Another list worth checking out is at:

android-accessibility+subscribe@groups.io

This one is relatively new! It is MUCH STRICTER and, most of its members
including some of its founders do hang out on Anatad.

Android-vision is on groups.io, but it's not very active.

Feel free to post your Android questions in this space; I'm sure an
Androidean with an answer or solution to an issue lurking in the meadows
will step up and straighten things out for you. Again, welcome to
Androidville, we're here to help you get started!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado