Topics

using the orbet in Canada

Hello there, I have Ben told that I cant use the sorbet in Canada, can someone tell me if that is true, and why.  Thank you so much.

--
Please come and join us at angelsonges@groups.io

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

This is in reference to the person who asked if the rumor was true that you couldn't use an Orbit Reader or Writer in Canada. This is where you begin to learn to think like an adult, a reasoning human being.
First, The Orbit Reader is just a braille display. The Orbit Writer is just a smart keyboard that connects to a computer or a cell phone via bluetooth. They only connect to the Internet via a device like a computer or a cell phone. It would be difficult to tell if the braille display or the braille keyboard were connected to something.

Second, why would the Canadian Government, much less Orbit Research care if you used an Orbit Reader in Canada?

Third, where did you get this information? Who was the source? How reliable is that source. No, I don't mean is the person a family member or friend or minister or counselor. I mean how reliable has their information been in the past? I don't care if it's your mom.
How accurate has it been? What kind of reputation does your information source have among others? What is the history of this information source?

C'mon, think, use that brain of yours. That's why He created it, after all. Think! Reason!

Far as I can tell this is a false rumor. It has no basis in truth.
Think! Evaluate! Trust your judgment! <arrrghgh> And they wonder why people believe that masks are against your civil rights or that X group is trying to take over the world?

Ann P.

Original message:

Hello there, I have Ben told that I cant use the sorbet in Canada, can
someone tell me if that is true, and why.  Thank you so much.
--

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Author of The Demmies: http://www.dldbooks.com/annparsons/
Portal Tutoring web site: http://www.portaltutoring.info

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

, think that we cant do anything.  I did not mean to fend anyone.  Hello there Anne, it was someone from the Nib, they alas

On 2020-08-23 8:39 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

This is in reference to the person who asked if the rumor was true that you couldn't use an Orbit Reader or Writer in Canada.  This is where you begin to learn to think like an adult, a reasoning human being.
First, The Orbit Reader is just a braille display.  The Orbit Writer is just a smart keyboard that connects to a computer or a cell phone via bluetooth.  They only connect to the Internet via a device like a computer or a cell phone.  It would be difficult to tell if the braille display or the braille keyboard were connected to something.

Second, why would the Canadian Government, much less Orbit Research care if you used an Orbit Reader in Canada?

Third, where did you get this information?  Who was the source? How reliable is that source.  No, I don't mean is the person a family member or friend or minister or counselor.  I mean how reliable has their information been in the past?  I don't care if it's your mom.
How accurate has it been?  What kind of reputation does your information source have among others?   What is the history of this information source?

C'mon, think, use that brain of yours.  That's why He created it, after all.  Think!  Reason!

Far as I can tell this is a false rumor.  It has no basis in truth.
Think!  Evaluate!  Trust your judgment!   <arrrghgh>  And they wonder why people believe that masks are against your civil rights or that X group is trying to take over the world?

Ann P.

Original message:
someone tell me if that is true, and why.  Thank you so much.
--

--

Alex Kenny

There is at least one dealer in Canada, Canadian Assistive Technologies, that sells Orbit products. I've never dealt with them myself, but their website is at:

https://canasstech.com/

As for the CNIB, I've found they aren't always the most reliable source of technology info.

Gene

Literally almost every time I see a statement preceeded by I was told, I heard, or variants, on lists like these, the statement is either completely false, or so misleading that it might as well be. What you are told in casual conversation or perhaps more than casual cannot be relied on unless you know the reputation of the person who told you for accuracy. There is an enormous amount of bad information passed around on the Internet. and, as Ann says, consider whether the information makes sense.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2020 7:39 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] using the orbet in Canada

Hi all,

This is in reference to the person who asked if the rumor was true that
you couldn't use an Orbit Reader or Writer in Canada. This is where
you begin to learn to think like an adult, a reasoning human being.
First, The Orbit Reader is just a braille display. The Orbit Writer is
just a smart keyboard that connects to a computer or a cell phone via
bluetooth. They only connect to the Internet via a device like a
computer or a cell phone. It would be difficult to tell if the braille
display or the braille keyboard were connected to something.

Second, why would the Canadian Government, much less Orbit Research
care if you used an Orbit Reader in Canada?

Third, where did you get this information? Who was the source? How
reliable is that source. No, I don't mean is the person a family
member or friend or minister or counselor. I mean how reliable has
their information been in the past? I don't care if it's your mom.
How accurate has it been? What kind of reputation does your
information source have among others? What is the history of this
information source?

C'mon, think, use that brain of yours. That's why He created it, after
all. Think! Reason!

Far as I can tell this is a false rumor. It has no basis in truth.
Think! Evaluate! Trust your judgment! <arrrghgh> And they wonder
why people believe that masks are against your civil rights or that X
group is trying to take over the world?

Ann P.

Original message:
someone tell me if that is true, and why. Thank you so much.
--

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Anna, you did not offend me at all! I'm just angry that you were given such inaccurate information. The person from the CNIB should either clarify just exactly what was meant or refrain from spreading false information.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring