Emerson reader

Fred Adams

I would appreciate it very much if someone would give me info on how to
start emerson reader from talking and how to stop the reader from talking.
Also, I would appreciate it very much if someone would send me list of
emerson shortcut keys. I thought I had this info but I must somehow deleted
it.

Thanks for any help,

FRED C. ADAMS W4HC
US ARMY ABN RET
ETERNITY ETERNITY AVERY LONG TIME

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Howdy Fred,

See if this thread will help you any.  These notes are older, but hope they help a little anyways.

Note:  The Emersive Reader doesn't work in the Stable version, only the Developer versions.

Hi. If you are on a page where the immersive reader is available, press Alt D. this will move you to the address field. Tabbing once from here will land
you on the enter immersive reader button if it is available. Press spacebar to enter immersive reader.
Chris

The f9 key does not work any more. The easiest way to enable the immersive reader is to press altD then tab once to the immersive reader button. Press
spacebar to enable.
Chris

Sieghard Weitzel
If you are  using the Stable version it won't work, but the dev version where F9 apparently works, do this:

1. After the web page loads press Alt + D, this will take you to the address bar

2. Tab once, if the Immersive Reader is available, you will hear, “Enter Immersive Reader”

3. Press spacebar or enter to activate the button, the web page is reformatted and you can now read it without almost all of the clutter you normally find. 

If you want to exit immersive reader just repeat the above steps, it will say “Exit Immersive Reader” when you get to the button. It’s a very simply 2-step
key combination followed by enter or spacebar to activate.

Sieghard

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 07:49 AM, chris judge wrote:

The f9 key does not work any more.

It certainly does on all the recent dev versions, so if there was a stable or beta version where it accidentally got knocked out it will be coming back.

I agree that it's always worth knowing you can throw focus to the address bar with ALT+D, then tab once to the Immersive Reader button, if it's present
for a given page.
Brian 

The correct statement would’ve been f9 doesn’t work in the stable version.  That will be fixed when the stable gets up to version 81 something.  It most
certainly works in developer builds.
Dennis

Take care and stay safe.  Mike.
Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2020 12:48 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Emerson reader

emerson shortcut keys.  I thought I had this info but I must somehow deleted
it.

Thanks for any help,

FRED C. ADAMS W4HC
US ARMY ABN RET

Loy <loyrg2845@...>

I am using the latest  version of the new MS Edge with JAWS and when I go to a site where the Emersive Reader is available JAWS will announce that Emersive Reader is available, then press F9 and the page is reformatted and if you wish to use read aloud press control shift U and the read aloud voice will read the page  control shift U is a toggle to stop  start the read aloud.

Sent: Friday, September 25, 2020 5:37 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Emerson reader

Howdy Fred,

See if this thread will help you any.  These notes are older, but hope they help a little anyways.

Note:  The Emersive Reader doesn't work in the Stable version, only the Developer versions.

Hi. If you are on a page where the immersive reader is available, press Alt D. this will move you to the address field. Tabbing once from here will land
you on the enter immersive reader button if it is available. Press spacebar to enter immersive reader.
Chris

The f9 key does not work any more. The easiest way to enable the immersive reader is to press altD then tab once to the immersive reader button. Press
spacebar to enable.
Chris

Sieghard Weitzel
If you are  using the Stable version it won't work, but the dev version where F9 apparently works, do this:

1. After the web page loads press Alt + D, this will take you to the address bar

2. Tab once, if the Immersive Reader is available, you will hear, “Enter Immersive Reader”

3. Press spacebar or enter to activate the button, the web page is reformatted and you can now read it without almost all of the clutter you normally find. 

If you want to exit immersive reader just repeat the above steps, it will say “Exit Immersive Reader” when you get to the button. It’s a very simply 2-step

Sieghard

It certainly does on all the recent dev versions, so if there was a stable or beta version where it accidentally got knocked out it will be coming back.

I agree that it's always worth knowing you can throw focus to the address bar with ALT+D, then tab once to the Immersive Reader button, if it's present
for a given page.
Brian 

The correct statement would’ve been f9 doesn’t work in the stable version.  That will be fixed when the stable gets up to version 81 something.  It most
Dennis

it.

Thanks for any help,

FRED C. ADAMS W4HC
US ARMY ABN RET

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Loy,

Thank you for the update.  It's a keeper for sure.

Sent: Friday, September 25, 2020 3:48 PM

I am using the latest  version of the new MS Edge with JAWS and when I go to a site where the Emersive Reader is available JAWS will announce that Emersive Reader is available, then press F9 and the page is reformatted and if you wish to use read aloud press control shift U and the read aloud voice will read the page  control shift U is a toggle to stop  start the read aloud.

Howdy Fred,

Chris

spacebar to enable.
Chris

Sieghard Weitzel

Sieghard

for a given page.
Brian 

Dennis

it.

Thanks for any help,

FRED C. ADAMS W4HC
US ARMY ABN RET

chris judge

Yes it works great now. Things have changed since I posted that info. Glad to see the f9 key works again.

Chris Judge

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: September 25, 2020 8:07 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hi Loy,

Thank you for the update.  It's a keeper for sure.

Sent: Friday, September 25, 2020 3:48 PM

Howdy Fred,

Chris

spacebar to enable.
Chris

Sieghard Weitzel

Sieghard

for a given page.
Brian 

Dennis

it.

Thanks for any help,

FRED C. ADAMS W4HC
US ARMY ABN RET

Fred Adams

Thanks to all that gave me info on the emerson reader. I think I am good to
go now.

FRED C. ADAMS W4HC
US ARMY ABN RET