Note:  The Emersive Reader doesn't work in the Stable version, only the Developer versions.

From: chris judge
Hi. If you are on a page where the immersive reader is available, press Alt D. this will move you to the address field. Tabbing once from here will land
you on the enter immersive reader button if it is available. Press spacebar to enter immersive reader.
Chris

From: chris judge
The f9 key does not work any more. The easiest way to enable the immersive reader is to press altD then tab once to the immersive reader button. Press
spacebar to enable.
Chris

From:
Sieghard Weitzel
If you are  using the Stable version it won't work, but the dev version where F9 apparently works, do this:

1. After the web page loads press Alt + D, this will take you to the address bar

2. Tab once, if the Immersive Reader is available, you will hear, “Enter Immersive Reader”

3. Press spacebar or enter to activate the button, the web page is reformatted and you can now read it without almost all of the clutter you normally find.

If you want to exit immersive reader just repeat the above steps, it will say “Exit Immersive Reader” when you get to the button. It’s a very simply 2-step
key combination followed by enter or spacebar to activate.

Sieghard

From:  Brian Vogel

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 07:49 AM, chris judge wrote:

The f9 key does not work any more.

It certainly does on all the recent dev versions, so if there was a stable or beta version where it accidentally got knocked out it will be coming back.

I agree that it's always worth knowing you can throw focus to the address bar with ALT+D, then tab once to the Immersive Reader button, if it's present
for a given page.
Brian

From: Dennis L
The correct statement would’ve been f9 doesn’t work in the stable version.  That will be fixed when the stable gets up to version 81 something.  It most
certainly works in developer builds.
Dennis

Take care and stay safe.  Mike.
Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
From: chris judge
Hi. If you are on a page where the immersive reader is available, press Alt D. this will move you to the address field. Tabbing once from here will land
you on the enter immersive reader button if it is available. Press spacebar to enter immersive reader.
Chris

I would appreciate it very much if someone would give me info on how to
start emerson reader from talking and how to stop the reader from talking.
Also, I would appreciate it very much if someone would send me list of
emerson shortcut keys.  I thought I had this info but I must somehow deleted
it.

Thanks for any help,

FRED C. ADAMS W4HC
US ARMY ABN RET
ETERNITY ETERNITY AVERY LONG TIME

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Loy,

Thank you for the update.  It's a keeper for sure.

From: chris judge
Hi. If you are on a page where the immersive reader is available, press Alt D. this will move you to the address field. Tabbing once from here will land
you on the enter immersive reader button if it is available. Press spacebar to enter immersive reader.
Chris

I would appreciate it very much if someone would give me info on how to
start emerson reader from talking and how to stop the reader from talking.
Also, I would appreciate it very much if someone would send me list of
emerson shortcut keys.  I thought I had this info but I must somehow deleted
it.

Thanks for any help,

FRED C. ADAMS W4HC
US ARMY ABN RET
ETERNITY ETERNITY AVERY LONG TIME

chris judge

Yes it works great now. Things have changed since I posted that info. Glad to see the f9 key works again.

Chris Judge

From: chris judge
Hi. If you are on a page where the immersive reader is available, press Alt D. this will move you to the address field. Tabbing once from here will land
you on the enter immersive reader button if it is available. Press spacebar to enter immersive reader.
Chris

I would appreciate it very much if someone would give me info on how to
start emerson reader from talking and how to stop the reader from talking.
Also, I would appreciate it very much if someone would send me list of
emerson shortcut keys.  I thought I had this info but I must somehow deleted
it.

Thanks for any help,

FRED C. ADAMS W4HC
US ARMY ABN RET
ETERNITY ETERNITY AVERY LONG TIME

Fred Adams

Thanks to all that gave me info on the emerson reader. I think I am good to
go now.