Does Pontes Media downloader still work

Joe Orozco

Forgive me, would someone please kindly post a link to this software?
Is it intuitive to use?

Joe

On 9/27/20, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
In case what I wrote is unclear, the link that Pontes uses gets there
because the user copies the link to the clipboard from the browser.
Pontes automatically places the link from the address bar into its edit
field.

Gene

On 9/27/2020 1:04 AM, Gene via groups.io wrote:
That's good.  I've never seen the download button not be available
even when there was no link in the edit field of the program but I
haven't had defective links in the program.

There may be implications for other situations.  Usually, the link
that appears in Pontes comes from the clipboard because the user
copied it there from the browser's address bar.  If that is what you
did and the link was defective, that means that it may be that the
very common practice of people sending people links to articles by
copying links from the address bar and pasting them into a message may
not work with Edge.  If they don't, that is important to know and is a
serious flaw.

Gene

On 9/27/2020 12:30 AM, Steven Johnson wrote:
Hello Gene.  I have version 3.1.2-200501. I did reinstall PMD, but my
problem persisted.  However, I discovered that all of my troubles
were related to obtaining my download links in Microsoft Edge.  I
switched over to Firefox and tried again, and presto, everything
worked like a charm. That's a good thing, because I find Firefox more
preferable.