From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Fred
Adams
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2020 06:03
To: talk group <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] Voice assistant Sharky

I would appreciate hearing from people on the list that have tried using
Sharky and what they think. I have a microphone and have tried sharky and
get the sounds but where do I go from there? Is it possible to get a
response by voice or does the response come by jaws? I have checked the
settings and everything seems to be OK. I suspect the problem is with me
and not understanding what to do. Anyway, thanks for any info as some
others might also be interested. I asked sharky several times for weather
but was lost after that.

Thanks much,

FRED C. ADAMS W4HC
US ARMY ABN RET
ETERNITY ETERNITY AVERY LONG TIME

Bharat

so, once you say: 'Sharky', you hear a sound, you issue the command
like, what is the date, What is the time, links list, ETC. & it gets
it for you.

On 9/28/20, Fred Adams <w4hc@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
I would appreciate hearing from people on the list that have tried using
Sharky and what they think. I have a microphone and have tried sharky and
get the sounds but where do I go from there? Is it possible to get a
response by voice or does the response come by jaws? I have checked the
settings and everything seems to be OK. I suspect the problem is with me
and not understanding what to do. Anyway, thanks for any info as some
others might also be interested. I asked sharky several times for weather
but was lost after that.

Thanks much,

FRED C. ADAMS W4HC
US ARMY ABN RET
ETERNITY ETERNITY AVERY LONG TIME

Abbie Taylor

It's my understanding, from the latest Freedom Scientific podcast, that Sharky, unlike Alexa or Google, only responds to commands specific to your computer such as opening a link list or moving to the next element. I believe you can ask Sharky what he can do, and he'll open a web page with more information. I hope that helps.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...