From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2020 1:39 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] sync Chromium Edge

Alan,

           As I do not use Edge on my smartphone (which also happens to be an Android powered device), nor use anything but my Microsoft Account with Microsoft products, I don't think I can be of any additional help here.  Let's hope that someone using an Apple ID across devices can advise, as I would have supposed once an Edge sync account (for lack of a better term) was established it should be able to be used on as many Edge instances, on as many devices of different types, as desired.

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Alan,

           As I do not use Edge on my smartphone (which also happens to be an Android powered device), nor use anything but my Microsoft Account with Microsoft products, I don't think I can be of any additional help here.  Let's hope that someone using an Apple ID across devices can advise, as I would have supposed once an Edge sync account (for lack of a better term) was established it should be able to be used on as many Edge instances, on as many devices of different types, as desired.

Alan Robbins <arobbins1057@...>

Brian,

I was alluding to signing into edge, which I am with my apple ID as my user profile . I says I’m signed in and sync is on. Also has a sign out button which in my initial email I stated I did, then signed again to make sure the credentials I was using were accurate. However, same credentials are not accepted on the edge app on my iPhone when trying to sign in to allow sync of settings.

Al

            When you say "on my computer" are you talking about logging in to your computer, or logging in to Edge?  You have to establish a sync connection within Edge itself.  Even though most of us use the Microsoft Account linked information for the MS-Account-linked Windows 10 user account we're logged in with, it does not happen automatically.

             On the computer, in Edge, hit ALT followed by left arrow, at which point you should be sitting on the Edge Profile button, and hit enter.  See what's shown as far as your being logged in to Edge.  If you are, you should have a Personal profile, the e-mail address associated with it, and a manage profile link.  Otherwise the "Browse as a guest" and add profile controls (and possibly others, I can't know, as I'm already logged in to Edge) will show.

[...]

Question,

I installed MS Edge on my computer and was able to sign in with my user name and password. I also installed it on my iPhone. When asked to sign in to sync across all devices, I used the same user name and password as I di on the PC and it says incorrect user name and/or password. I have rechecked on the PC by signing out and in  again with no problem. Suggestions as to what is happening here?

Thanks,

Alan