From: Steven Johnson
Sent: Saturday, October 10, 2020 1:50 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Accessible way to snoop URLs

Anyone know a JAWS readable way to view the stream URL of a radio station once it starts playing, not the .htm URL that you usually see on the address bar, but the stream url, which usually looks something like http://stream.kntu.unt.edu:8000/kntulive.mp3

Thanks in advance.

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

No, nobody sees the stream IP address directly on a website, but I believe
that it can be viewed somehow if you go into tools and open "View Source" or
"inspect element." There are some Youtube videos where people demonstrate
how to do it, but there is no dialogue. I will try to get someone to look
at one of these videos and tell me what the guy is doing.

Its not a question of a screen-reader. No sighted person sees that
information on the web site.

Anyone know a JAWS readable way to view the stream URL of a radio station
once it starts playing, not the .htm URL that you usually see on the address

bar, but the stream url, which usually looks something like
http://stream.kntu.unt.edu:8000/kntulive.mp3

Thanks in advance.

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

There is a program called IP Snooper, but last time I tried it was largely inaccessible.  You did see some stuff on the screen when using the review/JAWS cursor, but there were no labels and several dozen IP addresses that you could read, but what this all meant was Greek to me.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"