where's the reply link?

John Sanfilippo

Hi all, I use Daily Summary in Thunderbird which means that, to read a message, I click a link in the message which brings me out to the web where I read and answer the message.
Wel
, when I got to the end of a message and wanted to reply, no reply link was available. I'm supposing that all groups in Groups.io are not configured the same way, or there's a bug somewhere.

Help appreciated.

John S

--
- jso l -

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

John,

            You will not be presented with a Reply to Group or Reply to Sender button after having activated the Private button unless you are logged in on the Groups.io site.  Virtually all of the blind tech related groups have archives that are viewable by the public, so they can see exactly what you're seeing, but, like you when you're not logged in, are unable to do anything but read.

             Provided you don't log out after logging in, closing a Groups.io tab in your browser will not log you out, so the next time you click through on a specific message link in a digest, you should be presented with the ability to reply.

             If you have never set yourself up with a password to log in to Groups.io, see what follows:

Getting a Password to Log in to the Groups.io Website

If you’ve subscribed via e-mail you have a Groups.io login id, your e-mail address, but you’ve never been assigned a password for the website.  To get one:

1.  In your web browser, go to the Groups.io main site login page:  https://groups.io/login

2.  Find the “Forgot your password?” link and activate it.

3.  A page with a single edit box, e-mail address will open.  Enter your e-mail address in it.

4. Navigate to the one and only button on the page, “Email Link to Log In,” and activate it.

5. Watch your e-mail, including your spam/junk box, for a message from Groups.io that will contain a link you need to activate that takes you to your Groups.io profile page where you set your password.  This is the password you’ll use to log in to any Groups.io group webpage where you wish to do something, such as changing your preferences, that requires you to be logged in to do.  You are, at this stage, actually logged in.

John Sanfilippo

Hi Brian, Well, methinks there may be a bug, or there is some hidden event occurred whereby the reply link just did not show up in this particular instance. I do have alogin and password. And on that particular occasion I just tapped thelink in the Summary message exactly as I did just now to see this, and there was no reply link. But today, the same action got me the reply link, as you now can see.

But thanks for the great explanation of what's going on.

John

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

John,

         You're quite welcome.  I always figure the more I can put out there about how the Groups.io web interface works for when members need to access it the better.