From: Nancy Hill
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2020 1:19 PM
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] Mis-match detected

Hi All,

It is not that unusual for me to click on a link and then the words
'mis-match detected will pop up. I am then given the choice of
continuingt to my original destination or clicking on a link to take me
to google. The first time I remember this happening was when I got an
email from my church that had a link to the sermon of the week and when
I entered on that link, a mis-match was detected.

Can someone please let me know why this is happening or tell me what has
gotten into my laptop to make this happen? I'd love to get this cleared up.

Many Thanks in Advance!

Nancy

Nancy Hill

Gene, it happens only periodically. I can get through by pulling up the website and going directly there.  BTW, I am using just about the latest versions of Win10, JFW, etc.  I do tend to use IE, so I think I will try with another browser just in case that changes anything.  I wonder if this is happening to anyone else...or, if it is just my luck.

Has anyone else experienced the 'Mismatched detected situation?

Thanks,

Nancy

On 11/11/2020 2:59 PM, Gene wrote:
I don't know but you should be able to solve the problem by copying and pasting the link into your browsers address bar.

If the link is not written out, but is a link such as a title or click here, you can get the underlying link in many e-mail programs.  If you tell us which one you are using, we may be able to tell you how to do so.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Nancy Hill