Using PowerPoint with JAWS or NVDA

Steve Matzura

A while back, maybe a month, I distinctly remember a Top Tech Tidbits item about learning to use PowerPoint with JAWS. But try as I might, I can't find a reference to it in any TTT I've saved, and I am pretty sure I have them all, at least for the past six months, on the system which I regularly use for retrieving email. Any tips, tutorials or how-to's would be greatly appreciated as I have to narrate a presentation and I thought it would be cool to attach the recording of the narration to each slide so it would play as the slides are shown.

TIA

chris judge

Hey Steve. Freedom scientific has a webinar on using PowerPoint with jaws. I think it is in three parts and can be found on the past webinars page.

Chris Judge

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: November 13, 2020 12:44 PM
To: TechTalk <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] Using PowerPoint with JAWS or NVDA

A while back, maybe a month, I distinctly remember a Top Tech Tidbits item about learning to use PowerPoint with JAWS. But try as I might, I can't find a reference to it in any TTT I've saved, and I am pretty sure I have them all, at least for the past six months, on the system which I regularly use for retrieving email. Any tips, tutorials or how-to's would be greatly appreciated as I have to narrate a presentation and I thought it would be cool to attach the recording of the narration to each slide so it would play as the slides are shown.

TIA

Kerryn Gunness

on the subject line, it talks about using power point with NVDA as well
so here is some info

http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/how%20to%20create%20a%20PowerPoint%20presentation%20with%20NVDA.html

----- Original Message -----
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2020 5:07 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Using PowerPoint with JAWS or NVDA

Hey Steve. Freedom scientific has a webinar on using PowerPoint with jaws. I think it is in three parts and can be found on the past webinars page.

Chris Judge

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Matzura

TIA

Steve Matzura

Thanks, Chris. I knew I saw it somewhere.

On 11/14/2020 4:07 AM, chris judge wrote:

Chris Judge

TIA

Quentin Christensen

NV Access have a module on using PowerPoint with NVDA: https://www.nvaccess.org/product/microsoft-powerpoint-with-nvda-ebook/

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 1:25 AM Steve Matzura <number6@...> wrote:
Thanks, Chris. I knew I saw it somewhere.

On 11/14/2020 4:07 AM, chris judge wrote:
> Hey Steve. Freedom scientific has a webinar on using PowerPoint with jaws. I think it is in three parts and can be found on the past webinars page.
>
> Chris Judge
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
> Sent: November 13, 2020 12:44 PM
> To: TechTalk <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
> Subject: [TechTalk] Using PowerPoint with JAWS or NVDA
>
> A while back, maybe a month, I distinctly remember a Top Tech Tidbits item about learning to use PowerPoint with JAWS. But try as I might, I can't find a reference to it in any TTT I've saved, and I am pretty sure I have them all, at least for the past six months, on the system which I regularly use for retrieving email. Any tips, tutorials or how-to's would be greatly appreciated as I have to narrate a presentation and I thought it would be cool to attach the recording of the narration to each slide so it would play as the slides are shown.
>
>
> TIA
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>