Is BARD using Synthetic Speech to read books?

Dave

Hello,

Over the last couple of weeks, I have noticed that there are a lot of books that are read by someone going by the name of Marybeth Wise.

The types of Books have a very wide range of subject, and so many have recently been read by this woman, I am thinking it is too many for one person to read even in one year.

So, I wonder if BARD is now using a Machine to Read books for BARD?

Anyone know for sure, one way or the other?

Was curious so thought I would ask the rest of you.

Grumpy Dave

Holly

Hi Grumpy Dave:

No, she is a real person. Here is a link to her info.

https://theatrelab.org/content/marybeth-wise

Rob Hudson

It's a database error. She isn't really reading all those books. Some kind of bug. It will be fixed, they hope.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have noticed that there are a lot of
books that are read by someone going by the name of Marybeth Wise.

The types of Books have a very wide range of subject, and so many have
recently been read by this woman, I am thinking it is too many for one
person to read even in one year.

So, I wonder if BARD is now using a Machine to Read books for BARD?

Anyone know for sure, one way or the other?

Was curious so thought I would ask the rest of you.

Grumpy Dave

Victor

Believe it or not, some of their narrators read many books. I don’t know where they find the time to read them all, but they do.

Victor

On Nov 28, 2020, at 10:01 PM, Rob Hudson <rob_hudson3182@opopanax.net> wrote:

It's a database error. She isn't really reading all those books. Some kind of bug. It will be fixed, they hope.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have noticed that there are a lot of
books that are read by someone going by the name of Marybeth Wise.

The types of Books have a very wide range of subject, and so many have
recently been read by this woman, I am thinking it is too many for one
person to read even in one year.

So, I wonder if BARD is now using a Machine to Read books for BARD?

Anyone know for sure, one way or the other?

Was curious so thought I would ask the rest of you.

Grumpy Dave

enes sarıbaş

That is also a database bug. You will notice all those entries have no read time, and are comertial recordings. You can see the real narrators by looking up the title on audible.

On 11/28/2020 11:56 PM, Holly wrote:
Hi Grumpy Dave:

No, she is a real person.  Here is a link to her info.

https://theatrelab.org/content/marybeth-wise

Ann Parsons

Hi Holly,

Sending privately. The Marybeth Wise books, at least the later ones are a bug in the NLS software. They are aware of it and are attempting a fix. this subject has been discussed exhaustively on the BARDTalk list. Yes, she is a real person, but she hasn't read anything beyond the 60,000 BARD numbers.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Gene

You didn't send privately. If it is of concern, to avoid embarrassment, it would be a good idea to check the address every time you send a private message. Lists aren't consistent in how they work with such commands.

Sending privately. The Marybeth Wise books, at least the later ones
are a bug in the NLS software. They are aware of it and are attempting
a fix. this subject has been discussed exhaustively on the BARDTalk
list. Yes, she is a real person, but she hasn't read anything beyond
the 60,000 BARD numbers.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Yes, Gene, I know. I forgot to check the CC field. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa! Nobody's perfect, only God. <smiling>

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

-

Those titles also lack total reading time.

On Sun, 29 Nov 2020, Rob Hudson wrote:

It's a database error. She isn't really reading all those books. Some kind of bug. It will be fixed, they hope.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have noticed that there are a lot of
books that are read by someone going by the name of Marybeth Wise.

The types of Books have a very wide range of subject, and so many have
recently been read by this woman, I am thinking it is too many for one
person to read even in one year.

So, I wonder if BARD is now using a Machine to Read books for BARD?

Anyone know for sure, one way or the other?

Was curious so thought I would ask the rest of you.

Grumpy Dave

--
XR

Pamela Dominguez

No, they don't. They use readers, either from BARD, or they use a commercial audio book. What made you ask that question? Pam.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have noticed that there are a lot of
books that are read by someone going by the name of Marybeth Wise.

The types of Books have a very wide range of subject, and so many have
recently been read by this woman, I am thinking it is too many for one
person to read even in one year.

So, I wonder if BARD is now using a Machine to Read books for BARD?

Anyone know for sure, one way or the other?

Was curious so thought I would ask the rest of you.

Grumpy Dave

https://www.avg.com

Andy

Many Bookshare books are read with synthetic speech. I'ts better than nothing, I guess, but I don't like it.

Andy