Composing New Messages on Gmail Site

Abbie Taylor

On the gmail site, when I select a contact by checking the appropriate
box, then press the Compose button, more often than not, the person's
name appears in the To field but not the address. When I try to send
the message, I'm told this can't be done because the address is
missing. Is there another way to insert someone from contacts as a
message recipient, or is there a way I can edit contacts so the
address appears in the To field?

--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@gmail.com

Laz

Sometimes one has to shift tab and tab back to the field for the email
address to show up properly, sometimes one has to do that a couple of
times. The way I normally do it is to type the name into the field,
shift tab, and tab back into it and most times that works.

Stay safe,

Laz

On 11/29/20, Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@gmail.com> wrote:
On the gmail site, when I select a contact by checking the appropriate
box, then press the Compose button, more often than not, the person's
name appears in the To field but not the address. When I try to send
the message, I'm told this can't be done because the address is
missing. Is there another way to insert someone from contacts as a
message recipient, or is there a way I can edit contacts so the
address appears in the To field?

--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
abbietaylor945@gmail.com

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@gmail.com

accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121

Carolyn Arnold

When I have done mail from the Gmail site, I go to compose, then start typing in name from contacts; no problems other than the site seems clumsy as all get out to me. I know, I probably am the clumsy one.

Incidentally, I took a little hin from my savvy husband - go to Find and put in Compose, and it brings me right to Compose.

On the gmail site, when I select a contact by checking the appropriate box, then press the Compose button, more often than not, the person's name appears in the To field but not the address. When I try to send the message, I'm told this can't be done because the address is missing. Is there another way to insert someone from contacts as a message recipient, or is there a way I can edit contacts so the address appears in the To field?

--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
abbietaylor945@gmail.com

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@gmail.com

Nimer Jaber

You can also press c to compose. Gmail has many keyboard shortcuts that work great. If they are not enabled, you can enable them in the general settings. If you are using JAWS, you will need to turn off the virtual cursor to use them.

Thanks.

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 1:03 PM Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...> wrote:
[...]

Best,

Nimer Jaber

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

Thank you, and have a great day!

Norma A. Boge

I currently use J 2020 and alt C is for compose. No need to turn off the virtual cursor for the keyboard shortcuts. .

[...]

Okay, I'll try typing the person's name into the To field, then shift tabbing and tabbing and see what that does. Thank you all for your input.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

Nimer Jaber

Hello Abbie,

In the main Gmail site, you can do the following:
  1. Once you are at Gmail, press c to compose. If keyboard shortcuts are not enabled, you can enable them in settings.
  2. Type the first few letters of the individual you wish to email. If they are in your addressbook, or someone you have emailed before, the address will come up. Note that you may have to use up/down arrow keys to select the name.
  3. As soon as the name is announced, or you have selected the correct name, press enter. At this point, you can type in another name, as the one you wanted has been added.
  4. As soon as all names have been entered, press tab. Again, all email addresses you wanted are there. If you wish to view the ones you've added, sometimes going back to the to field will read those, but the most reliable way is to use your screen reader's mouse commands or touch cursor to access the content of the field.

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 5:24 PM Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@...> wrote:
Okay, I'll try typing the person's name into the To field, then shift tabbing and tabbing and see what that does. Thank you all for your input.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

Thank you, and have a great day!

Abbie Taylor

Thank you so much for these instructions. I haven't done anything with the gmail site today, but after seeing these, I'll try them tomorrow. This is very helpful.