gmail question

Madison Martin

Hi all,
I just want to create a Gmail account, is there any other way to do this other
then getting the app? I feel like the app is for smart phones right? I want to
have any messages forwarded to this address. Using the latest Edge, Jaws 2018,
Outlook 2013, and Windows 10. Thanks Madison

Nimer Jaber

Hello,

You can do it using the Gmail.com website.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

Thank you, and have a great day!

Madison Martin

Hi Nimer and all,

I was able to create an account, but they have to verify it, and to do that I need a mobile device which I don't have, so there goes that idea. Are there any other free email programs (or whatever you call gmail) that I could try? All I wanted to use a gmail account for is to get Twitter, as this email address already belongs to an account (not one that I created). I'm not interested in using one of my parent's phone numbers just to create an account, they don't need to get stuff from my account. If there aren't then that's fine.

You can do it using the Gmail.com website.

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 10:52 AM Madison Martin <maddymartin@...> wrote:

Hi all,
I just want to create a Gmail account, is there any other way to do this other
then getting the app? I feel like the app is for smart phones right? I want to
have any messages forwarded to this address. Using the latest Edge, Jaws 2018,
Outlook 2013, and Windows 10. Thanks Madison

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

Thank you, and have a great day!

Carolyn Arnold

There's Hotmail and Rocketmail to name a couple.

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 10:52 AM Madison Martin <maddymartin@mymts.net <mailto:maddymartin@mymts.net> > wrote:
Hi all,
I just want to create a Gmail account, is there any other way to do this other
then getting the app? I feel like the app is for smart phones right? I want to
have any messages forwarded to this address. Using the latest Edge, Jaws 2018,
Outlook 2013, and Windows 10. Thanks Madison

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was addressed. If you believe that you are not the intended recipient, please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies of this correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its contents by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result in civil or criminal charges. I have checked this email and all corresponding attachments for security threats. However, security of your machine is up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org <http://www.nvda-project.org>

Thank you, and have a great day!

Mary Smith <ms0120@...>

Hi, rocketmail is no longer in existence.

On 2020-11-29 4:05 p.m., Carolyn Arnold wrote:
[...]

Where do I go to create a yahoo account?

[...]

Charles Adkins

Its been many moons ago that I set my Yahoo email which I don't often use, but I went to
www.yahoo.com
I assume its still the same. Hope that helps.

On Nov 29, 2020, at 4:16 PM, Madison Martin <maddymartin@mymts.net> wrote:

[...]

Sorry, I meant Hotmail, not sure why I said yahoo.

[...]

Hi Madison, I don't know if you know this but hotmail is now outlook.

On 2020-11-29 4:31 p.m., Madison Martin wrote:
[...]

Try
www.hotmail.com

Again its also been awhile.

On Nov 29, 2020, at 4:29 PM, Madison Martin <maddymartin@mymts.net> wrote:

[...]

You don't have any phone to receive texts on? I believe that is what they need to verify with... I also think they can probably verify with a phone call, so do you not have any phone to receive calls on?

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 12:55 PM Madison Martin <maddymartin@...> wrote:

[...]

Gene

There's Fast Mail, which you have to pay for. I don't know if you want to pay. Also, my old Internet provider sells accounts for five dollars a month, you can pay sixty dollars at once for a year, if you might be interested. But I hope you can find something that doesn't require two-step verification, whichis what you are describing that is free. I don't know whether my old provider or Fast Mail require it.

On 2020-11-29 4:05 p.m., Carolyn Arnold wrote:
[...]

I don’t have a phone at all, and don’t ever want to have one.

[...]

So would I have to pay for an account?

On 2020-11-29 4:31 p.m., Madison Martin wrote:
[...]

I don't want to have to pay.

[...]

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970)
(393-4481) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly.
Thank you, and have a great day!

chris judge

Outlook accounts are free.

Chris Judge

[...]

Monte Single

Hi Chris,

Do you mean that outlook.com accounts are free?
Can the same keystrokes be used with outlook.com as in micro soft outlook?

Thanks,

Monte

[...]

So where do I go to create an outlook account?

[...]

Two step verification is so common now that I don't know if you can avoid it with major services.

However, and I have no idea if this will work but you can try it, you can have a friend visiting you when you set up two-step verification and use the friend's number. You can then enter the code sent to his phone when setting up your account. My recollection is that you only may have to use such a code again if you log out or maybe if you lose your password and need to reset it. Others can comment on this but my recollection is that you are only sent a verification code if you lose your password and maybe if you change your password.