FireFox Browser Help Please.

Janet

Hi Everyone,
I am currently trying to download FireFox on my Windows 7 machine. What I don't understand is why or maybe what password is FireFox asking me for? I did fill in my email address, but now it wants a password, so I'm not sure which password it is asking me for. Although, I did get a message saying if I want a FireFox account, I will need to provide my email address and password. Can I just bypasse this option?

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
Janet

Peace Be With You.

Gene

I don't know what you are working with but you are in the wrong place. I strongly recommend using Firefox portable and I'll provide the page from which to download it. It does everything the installed version does and has the following very significant advantages:
Once you have it set up, you can make a backup copy. Then, if the copy you are using becomes corrupted, you don't have to trouble shoot. Just delete it and copy the backup copy to the location from which you run it.

If you want to place it on another machine, you can copy it there and have all your book marks and history. Just copy either the backup copy, if it is current, or the one you use to the new location.

Regarding the backup copy, from time to time delete it and copy the one you use to where you keep the backup. That way, bookmarks history, and any changes you may have made will be current.

Here is the page:
https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

Use your screen-readers find command and search for the word download. After about three occurrences, you wwill see something like download version and a number will be given, as you down arrow. That is the download link you want.

It will download an exe file. the file won't install anything, it’s a portable version, but it will place the files on your machine in a folder, just as an installer does. Run the program from that folder and you can send the file, firefox.exe you use to run it to the desktop as a shortcut and run it from there. You can create a shortcut command as well using the desktop shortcut. In other words, by making a desktop shortcut and then assigning a shortcut command, you can run the program as easily and conveniently as if it were installed.

I am currently trying to download FireFox on my Windows 7 machine. What I don't understand is why or maybe what password is FireFox asking me for? I did fill in my email address, but now it wants a password, so I'm not sure which password it is asking me for. Although, I did get a message saying if I want a FireFox account, I will need to provide my email address and password. Can I just bypasse this option?

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
Janet

Peace Be With You.

Janet

Gene,
Ok, I used the link you provided, and I press control plus f to use Jaws's find command, but jaws doesn't say anything at all when I arrow down. I tabbed, but still couldn't find any download link. I also went through the page, and I saw a download link, and I pressed enter on it, but nothing downloaded. I even tried using the Jaws cursor, but still couldn't find the real download link.
Any other suggestions?
Janet

I am currently trying to download FireFox on my Windows 7 machine. What I
don't understand is why or maybe what password is FireFox asking me for? I
did fill in my email address, but now it wants a password, so I'm not sure
which password it is asking me for. Although, I did get a message saying
if I want a FireFox account, I will need to provide my email address and
password. Can I just bypasse this option?

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
Janet

Peace Be With You.

Gene

Here is the direct link. It will work no matter how your browser is configured.
https://portableapps.com/redirect/?a=FirefoxPortable&s=s&d=pa&f=FirefoxPortable_83.0_English.paf.exe

[...]

I am pretty sure using this new link that it downloaded, but low in behold, I can't find it on my pc now, I don't know where it just downloaded to now. I'm trying to search my pc to find it.
Janet

Here is the direct link. It will work no matter how your browser is
configured.
https://portableapps.com/redirect/?a=FirefoxPortable&s=s&d=pa&f=FirefoxPortable_83.0_English.paf.exe

I am currently trying to download FireFox on my Windows 7 machine. What I
don't understand is why or maybe what password is FireFox asking me for? I
did fill in my email address, but now it wants a password, so I'm not sure
which password it is asking me for. Although, I did get a message saying
if I want a FireFox account, I will need to provide my email address and
password. Can I just bypasse this option?

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
Janet

Peace Be With You.

Janet

Gene,
Ok, I did find it, and it was where I have all my downloads to go, but I for some reason just missed it. I installed it, and created a shortcut to my desktop. Are there any certain settings I should change?

Thank you Thank you! I now have two browsers, and I really do like my current Brave browser as well. Do you know where I might find some shortcut keys to use with FireFox?

Janet

Here is the direct link. It will work no matter how your browser is
configured.
https://portableapps.com/redirect/?a=FirefoxPortable&s=s&d=pa&f=FirefoxPortable_83.0_English.paf.exe

I am currently trying to download FireFox on my Windows 7 machine. What I
don't understand is why or maybe what password is FireFox asking me for? I
did fill in my email address, but now it wants a password, so I'm not sure
which password it is asking me for. Although, I did get a message saying
if I want a FireFox account, I will need to provide my email address and
password. Can I just bypasse this option?

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
Janet

Peace Be With You.

Gene

I suppose there are lists online but what sorts of things do you want to do?

Do you want to change anything Firefox does? I'll look and tell you how to get into and work with settings in a later message. I don't change settings much so I'll want to make sure the instructions are correct.

I will tell you now that to open book marks is alt b. To Open the downloads where you can see what you have downloaded and see a current download in progress is control j. As I recall, you can close it with alt f4 and return to the window you were previously in. You can create a bbookmark with control d. Move to the address bar to type an address with control l. these commands are the same, except for opening the book marks as in Chrome. These commands are pretty standardized in Chrome, Chrome-based browsers, and Firefox.

[...]

Pamela Dominguez

I can't see how I'm supposed to download this. I keep entering on the download link, and don't get anything about opening or saving. Pam.

I am currently trying to download FireFox on my Windows 7 machine. What I
don't understand is why or maybe what password is FireFox asking me for? I
did fill in my email address, but now it wants a password, so I'm not sure
which password it is asking me for. Although, I did get a message saying
if I want a FireFox account, I will need to provide my email address and
password. Can I just bypasse this option?

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
Janet

Peace Be With You.

https://www.avg.com

Pamela Dominguez

Okay, when I went to save target as, and it said save as, it said path one. Was that all right? Pam.

Here is the direct link. It will work no matter how your browser is
configured.
https://portableapps.com/redirect/?a=FirefoxPortable&s=s&d=pa&f=FirefoxPortable_83.0_English.paf.exe

I am currently trying to download FireFox on my Windows 7 machine. What I
don't understand is why or maybe what password is FireFox asking me for? I
did fill in my email address, but now it wants a password, so I'm not sure
which password it is asking me for. Although, I did get a message saying
if I want a FireFox account, I will need to provide my email address and
password. Can I just bypasse this option?

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
Janet

Peace Be With You.

https://www.avg.com

Gene

If you read further in the thread, I provide a direct link for the download.

Also, because such information is important, I'll say the following:
Don't assume that the first download link on a page is the correct one or the only one. Read further or search the page for the word download and see what is said underneath the link and perhaps above the link to be sure you don't miss anything. Doing that here would show that a download link further down the page is the one to use.

I can't see how I'm supposed to download this. I keep entering on the
download link, and don't get anything about opening or saving. Pam.

I am currently trying to download FireFox on my Windows 7 machine. What I
don't understand is why or maybe what password is FireFox asking me for? I
did fill in my email address, but now it wants a password, so I'm not sure
which password it is asking me for. Although, I did get a message saying
if I want a FireFox account, I will need to provide my email address and
password. Can I just bypasse this option?

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
Janet

Peace Be With You.

https://www.avg.com

mcLeod stinnett

--
From Mack gene, you said you can copy your firefox portable to another machine. I will be going from a win 7 machine to a win 10 machine. Is the easy transfer wizard the easiest way to do this. do I just make up a new folder to put it in, such as c:\portableapps.com thanks. ,

Gene

Copy firefox Portable to a thumb drive or external hard drive, then paste it on the new machine. Portable programs allow you to copy them to wherever you want. I don't know if the easy transfer wizard will work with portable programs. I don't know much about that utility. But it is unnecessary when working with portable programs.

If that is the name of the file you are saving, that is not correct. Follow the link I said is a direct link or if it doesn't work to press enter in it in the e-mail, copy it to the address bar in your browser and press enter. The file will download or you will get a download dialog with a name something like Firefox portable.exe. You don't have to go to the web site.

[...]

That was the link that you said was a direct link. The only way I could do it was to do save target as. Pam.

[...]

heather albright

Just wondering , does chrome have a portable version? I got my version from minite and I would like to have a portable program like firefox? Also, are are the portable versions subject to that knew mouleware attack? Thank you, Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10