redeeming and using an Apple e-gift card

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

I recently sent an old iPhone back to Apple and they sent me an e-gift card but I can't figure out how to redeem it. There's a link in the e-mail for redeeming it but once I click the list I'm lost. Can anybody tell me how to redeem the card, and then once it's redeemed I know I have to use it on AppleStore.com but how do I do that? I've never done anything like this.

Thanks.

Troy

Holly

Troy:

Usually, with a gift card, you need to find something you want to buy, then during checkout, there will be a place to use the gift card and you can put in the redemption code on the card.

Troy Burnham

Hi Holly,

Unless it's not called a redemption code I don't find anything like that either in the e-mail itself or on the page I land on when I use the link from the e-mail. In the e-mail itself there's a trade-in id, then on the page I get to with the link there's a client id number, and a pin number or code with numbers and letters that is quite lengthy.

Thanks again.

Troy

On 12/21/2020 12:07 PM, Holly wrote:
Troy:

Usually, with a gift card, you need to find something you want to buy, then during checkout, there will be a place to use the gift card and you can put in the redemption code on the card.

Holly

Troy:

I have never had an Apple e-card, so can't tell you which number is the right one.

Maybe call Apple disability and see if they can help you, or just call Apple customer service.

Holly

Troy:

Here is a link with instructions that tells you how to redeem the gift card.

Good luck!

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211163

Troy Burnham

Thanks Holly, appreciate the help. I'll take a look.

Troy