From: Janet
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2020 5:40 PM
To: 'main@TechTalk.groups.io'
Subject: [TechTalk] Lenovo Laptops.

Hi Everyone,
I just want to thank those who said they have a Lenovo, as I never heard of them. So, by the few people who did let me know their experience with Lenovo, makes me feel more comfortable, as this is the first time I even heard of Lenovo Laptops. This also gives me more confidence.
Thank you again.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Janet

Marie,
Wow, I didn't even know they had Lenovo Desktops. There were a few sighted people who I talked to, and they say they just love their Lenovo Laptops. So I thought I would give Lenovo a chance, and I'm beginning to think This is going to work out for me much more than I even thought.
Thank you thank you!
Janet

I have both a Lenovo laptop and a Lenovo desktop and they are great
machines. They were formerly the IBM Think Pad and Lenovo purchased the
company.
Marie

I just want to thank those who said they have a Lenovo, as I never heard of
them. So, by the few people who did let me know their experience with
Lenovo, makes me feel more comfortable, as this is the first time I even
heard of Lenovo Laptops. This also gives me more confidence.
Thank you again.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Carolyn Arnold

Janet, as I understand it, Lenovo is a Chinese division of

I just want to thank those who said they have a Lenovo, as I
never heard of them. So, by the few people who did let me
know their experience with Lenovo, makes me feel more
comfortable, as this is the first time I even heard of
Lenovo Laptops. This also gives me more confidence.
Thank you again.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Juan Gonzalez <jgonzalezh614@...>

Putting my two cents into this topic. I was a big dell computer guy but this year I decided to go with the Lenovo Legion i5 and I would not look back. This is a power house and for the price it was right. I would not recommend this computer to some one who needs it for portability cause this is a gaming computer but Lenovo’s productivity laptops are great as well. My Girlfriend has a Lenovo ultra book and it has lasted her for a long time. You really cannot go wrong with Lenovo right now.

Juan Gonzalez

IT – DAX Analyst/IT Support Technician | Information Technology

Phone: 312 .666.1331 Ext. 3704

www.chicagolighthouse.org

Janet, as I understand it, Lenovo is a Chinese division of

I just want to thank those who said they have a Lenovo, as I

never heard of them.  So, by the few people who did let me

know their experience with Lenovo, makes me feel more

comfortable, as this is the first time I even heard of

Lenovo Laptops.  This also gives me more confidence.

Thank you again.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Pamela Dominguez

I didn't know that. But the computer I am using, at the moment, is a Lenovo Thinkpad. Yes, when I bought it, the Lenovo laptop computers were still called thinkpads. Pam.

Janet, as I understand it, Lenovo is a Chinese division of

I just want to thank those who said they have a Lenovo, as I
never heard of them. So, by the few people who did let me
know their experience with Lenovo, makes me feel more
comfortable, as this is the first time I even heard of
Lenovo Laptops. This also gives me more confidence.
Thank you again.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

https://www.avg.com

Pamela Dominguez

A lot of people think Dell is the best thing since sliced bread.  I had two of them, and I can’t stand Dell.  I had a lot of problems with them.  Pam.

Janet, as I understand it, Lenovo is a Chinese division of

I just want to thank those who said they have a Lenovo, as I

never heard of them.  So, by the few people who did let me

know their experience with Lenovo, makes me feel more

comfortable, as this is the first time I even heard of

Lenovo Laptops.  This also gives me more confidence.

Thank you again.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

AVG logo

www.avg.com

Carolyn Arnold

I also had two Dell computers and am happier with my Lenovo.

A lot of people think Dell is the best thing since sliced bread. I had two of them, and I can’t stand Dell. I had a lot of problems with them. Pam.

Janet, as I understand it, Lenovo is a Chinese division of

I just want to thank those who said they have a Lenovo, as I

never heard of them. So, by the few people who did let me

know their experience with Lenovo, makes me feel more

comfortable, as this is the first time I even heard of

Lenovo Laptops. This also gives me more confidence.

Thank you again.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

________________________________

<https://www.avg.com/internet-security> This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com <https://www.avg.com/internet-security>

Janet

Hi Carolyn,
I'm glad to hear you are happy with your Lenovo, as this is the very first time for me. Thank you for this.
Janet

[...]

Hi Pam,

Yeah, I had Dell for many many years myself, as so many people in the Blind community always suggested Dell.

Although, this time I wanted to try something different.  What kind of PC do you use now?

Janet

A lot of people think Dell is the best thing since sliced bread.  I had two of them, and I can’t stand Dell.  I had a lot of problems with them.  Pam.

Janet, as I understand it, Lenovo is a Chinese division of

I just want to thank those who said they have a Lenovo, as I

never heard of them.  So, by the few people who did let me

know their experience with Lenovo, makes me feel more

comfortable, as this is the first time I even heard of

Lenovo Laptops.  This also gives me more confidence.

Thank you again.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

AVG logo

www.avg.com

Janet

Pam,
Forget the last message I sent asking you what kind of PC you are using now, because I just seen this message, in which answers my question. Although, what is a Lenovo Thinkpad?

Janet

I didn't know that. But the computer I am using, at the moment, is a Lenovo
Thinkpad. Yes, when I bought it, the Lenovo laptop computers were still
called thinkpads. Pam.

Janet, as I understand it, Lenovo is a Chinese division of

I just want to thank those who said they have a Lenovo, as I
never heard of them. So, by the few people who did let me
know their experience with Lenovo, makes me feel more
comfortable, as this is the first time I even heard of
Lenovo Laptops. This also gives me more confidence.
Thank you again.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

https://www.avg.com

Janet

Hi Juan,

Ok, I’m going to try and put my two cents in here too.  Thank you for letting me know you have and are happy with Lenovo, as hearing this from you as well as others on the list, gives me great relief.  I am far from a gamer, and I don’t plan on becoming one!  LOL! This Laptop Lenovo sounded good, and the price was right, matter of fact, it was the cheapest I could find at that time.  Actually I wanted to buy it at Best Buy which is a hop and skip away from me, so if something goes wrong with the Laptop, I can easily take it to Best Buy if it needed work done on it.  Best Buy had it on their site for $599, and Amazon had it on their site for $499, so I had a sited person go on Best Buy’s site, and ask them to do a price match, and they did, so I saved $100, and I think that is a good price especially for this Lenovo.

Thank you again!

Janet, as I understand it, Lenovo is a Chinese division of

I just want to thank those who said they have a Lenovo, as I

never heard of them.  So, by the few people who did let me

know their experience with Lenovo, makes me feel more

comfortable, as this is the first time I even heard of

Lenovo Laptops.  This also gives me more confidence.

Thank you again.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Janet

Carolyn,
I think you're right.
Janet

Janet, as I understand it, Lenovo is a Chinese division of

I just want to thank those who said they have a Lenovo, as I
never heard of them. So, by the few people who did let me
know their experience with Lenovo, makes me feel more
comfortable, as this is the first time I even heard of
Lenovo Laptops. This also gives me more confidence.
Thank you again.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Pamela Dominguez

I have a Lenovo thinkpad.  My last tower, which was a dell, finally gave up the ghost about three years ago.  It had been fixed several times, and the guy who looked at it said it wasn’t worth trying to fix it again when I reminded him what had already been done to it.  So, he took out the hard drives and I got a bay for them.  Pam.

[...]

It's a laptop; that's what they called it. Pam.

[...]

I’ve never been successful with having stores match or beat a price.  All they say is “so go there and get it”.  Pam.

[...]

Monte Single

That’s alright Pam,  I hope you have  some happy holidays anyway!

[...]

I am, but then, I always have been an IBM girl. Mine is a desktop, but it has served me very well.

[...]

Yeah, I understand what you are saying about the price matching from Best Buy because several of my friends say they have no success with that either.  Although, there were a couple of times I was in Best Buy store, and I did ask them to do a price match, and I did get the lower cost of the product I was buying though just because Amazon had it $30 cheaper at that time.  When I saw the price of the Lenovo Laptop on Best Buy’s site, and I checked the price on Amazon, I knew from past experience, I wouldn’t be able to use the chat feature on Best Buy’s site, so I called a sighted person, and asked them if they could use the chat feature on Best Buy’s site to do a price match, and they did, so that is the only way I could get the $100 difference.

Janet

 someone  I knew from

[...]

I've been doing some research on these Lenovo Thinkpads, and Lenovo Ideapads, and there is a difference. The Lenovo Thinkpad is more for business and more powerful, and last longer than the Lenovo IdeaPads. But, it seems like every site gives a different view, so if I'm wrong, don't hold it against me, as I am still just trying to learn about the Lenovo's. I just thought you might want to know this for future references, and because you have the Lenovo Thinkpad, so it sounds like you have a pretty nice Laptop, just from the little I have read about the Lenovo's.

Janet