Admin. [TechTalk] the second episode of blind android users podcast is now uploaded and ready for listening.

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

Thank you Gene.    To remove anyone from lists you own because they didn’t respond or approve you to a list or remove you from a list they own  shows how petty you are.  There are podcasts and forums  from differing view points on a wide variety of topics so there should be no reason that there can’t be differing opinions on android iOS and the like.  You are also hurting your own members of those lists for which you own by removing members you don’t like as you don’t know what useful content those members may have to share with your members.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, December 24, 2020 7:17 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: Admin. [TechTalk] the second eposod of blind android users podcast is now uploaded and ready for listening.

You have sent this message to a number of lists.  I can only speak for this one.  I will allow those criticized to respond.  I will not allow this thread to continue beyond that.  I shall attempt  to explain the difference between this and other conduct that occurs on lists of this sort without objection by the owners and to which I do not object. 

If someone has a problem with a service or company, a message discussing the matter may be allowed, generally as a part of a larger discussion.  Generally, people do not open threads saying I was treated this or that way by this company.  Usually, such responses are sent if a certain topic bears on it such as where to buy something.  A member may say that they have had bad experiences with this or that vendor or brand as a part of such discussions.  A member may send a message saying that this or that list isn't moderated and there is a lot of off topic traffic or that this or that list doesn't like messages from inexperienced users if someone has asked what lists are good for this or that subject.  But allowing this sort of unsolicited discussion, a list member sending an angry flame such as the below message is not allowed.  Allowing such messages might cause this list to turn into a consumer complaint kind of list and a shaming list and it violates the no flame rule.  Sending a message saying I've been trying to join this or that list, will the owners please explain why I haven't been approved is allowed.  Messages like this are not. 

In future, will anyone who wants to post such criticisms ask using the llist owner's address or write to the moderator or me before posting.  The message may not be acceptable as written.  It might be modified to fit within the list rules and expectations.

Gene, owner

On 12/24/2020 2:32 AM, Nimer Jaber wrote:

As at least two hosts of the BAU podcast are incredibly rude, Warren Carr and Austin Pinto, and don't reach out or respond to feedback, I am posting it publicly in hopes of shaming them into a response. Also, in hopes of letting list members know of the kind of hosts they listen to and support, when they choose to listen to this podcast. I tried subscribing to their "unmoderated" list after I was removed for no cause, and provided no reason for why I was removed. Yet my subscription to their list hasn't been approved. I also provided feedback on their last podcast, but never got a response. So maybe a public response will work, maybe not.

I am reaching out, once again, to find out why you claim that the BAU list is unmoderated, and yet you have not approved my subscription to the list. I would also like to know when the blindandroidusers.com website will be up, as it shows a landing page at the moment, so the intro to the podcast links to a site that isn't up. I am wondering if your team has any plans of improving audio quality. The quality of the podcast was distracting to listen to, with the wide variability in audio quality. Finally, I would like to know if you/your team have tried the GoodMaps app outdoors. For me, the intersection notifications don't work reliably. There are many features missing from Nearby Explorer, so I would have liked for the team to address those. For instance, I would have liked the team to ask about the GeoBeam feature, as this was really helpful in finding the door to a building.

If I still don't get a response after this public post, I will be removing all three hosts from any list that I own, including the NVDA community and the Blind Tech Guys podcast within five days.

Also, as to not clutter the list any further, please post your agreement or disagreement privately at nimerjaber1@.... I normally would not do this in a public manner, but I am tired of seeing this podcast's announcements knowing how they have treated at least two former members of their list.

Thanks.

On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 10:55 PM Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@...> wrote:

in this podcast, we discussed the good maps app which is currently
available on android and iPhone, this app is currently available in
USA and Canada, but will be rolled out to other parts of the world
gradually.
the url to listen is.
https://blindandroidusers.podsite.io/
we are also available on google podcasts, pocketcast , and others.
enjoy.
and from the BAU team, marry Christmas and happy holidays.

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was
addressed. If you believe that you are not the intended recipient,
please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies of this
correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its contents
by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result in civil or
criminal charges. I have checked this email and all corresponding
attachments for security threats.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970) (393-4481) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Nimer Jaber

I could say the same for what you are doing to your members, particularly on a list that is supposedly unmoderated. But I guess that is a response in and itself. So thank you for clarifying the stupid position of your list, dennis.

On Thu, Dec 24, 2020, 05:48 Dennis L <dennisl1982@...> wrote:

Thank you Gene.    To remove anyone from lists you own because they didn’t respond or approve you to a list or remove you from a list they own  shows how petty you are.  There are podcasts and forums  from differing view points on a wide variety of topics so there should be no reason that there can’t be differing opinions on android iOS and the like.  You are also hurting your own members of those lists for which you own by removing members you don’t like as you don’t know what useful content those members may have to share with your members.

Subject: Re: Admin. [TechTalk] the second eposod of blind android users podcast is now uploaded and ready for listening.

You have sent this message to a number of lists.  I can only speak for this one.  I will allow those criticized to respond.  I will not allow this thread to continue beyond that.  I shall attempt  to explain the difference between this and other conduct that occurs on lists of this sort without objection by the owners and to which I do not object. 

If someone has a problem with a service or company, a message discussing the matter may be allowed, generally as a part of a larger discussion.  Generally, people do not open threads saying I was treated this or that way by this company.  Usually, such responses are sent if a certain topic bears on it such as where to buy something.  A member may say that they have had bad experiences with this or that vendor or brand as a part of such discussions.  A member may send a message saying that this or that list isn't moderated and there is a lot of off topic traffic or that this or that list doesn't like messages from inexperienced users if someone has asked what lists are good for this or that subject.  But allowing this sort of unsolicited discussion, a list member sending an angry flame such as the below message is not allowed.  Allowing such messages might cause this list to turn into a consumer complaint kind of list and a shaming list and it violates the no flame rule.  Sending a message saying I've been trying to join this or that list, will the owners please explain why I haven't been approved is allowed.  Messages like this are not. 

In future, will anyone who wants to post such criticisms ask using the llist owner's address or write to the moderator or me before posting.  The message may not be acceptable as written.  It might be modified to fit within the list rules and expectations.

Gene, owner

As at least two hosts of the BAU podcast are incredibly rude, Warren Carr and Austin Pinto, and don't reach out or respond to feedback, I am posting it publicly in hopes of shaming them into a response. Also, in hopes of letting list members know of the kind of hosts they listen to and support, when they choose to listen to this podcast. I tried subscribing to their "unmoderated" list after I was removed for no cause, and provided no reason for why I was removed. Yet my subscription to their list hasn't been approved. I also provided feedback on their last podcast, but never got a response. So maybe a public response will work, maybe not.

I am reaching out, once again, to find out why you claim that the BAU list is unmoderated, and yet you have not approved my subscription to the list. I would also like to know when the blindandroidusers.com website will be up, as it shows a landing page at the moment, so the intro to the podcast links to a site that isn't up. I am wondering if your team has any plans of improving audio quality. The quality of the podcast was distracting to listen to, with the wide variability in audio quality. Finally, I would like to know if you/your team have tried the GoodMaps app outdoors. For me, the intersection notifications don't work reliably. There are many features missing from Nearby Explorer, so I would have liked for the team to address those. For instance, I would have liked the team to ask about the GeoBeam feature, as this was really helpful in finding the door to a building.

If I still don't get a response after this public post, I will be removing all three hosts from any list that I own, including the NVDA community and the Blind Tech Guys podcast within five days.

Also, as to not clutter the list any further, please post your agreement or disagreement privately at nimerjaber1@.... I normally would not do this in a public manner, but I am tired of seeing this podcast's announcements knowing how they have treated at least two former members of their list.

Thanks.

On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 10:55 PM Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@...> wrote:

gradually.
the url to listen is.
enjoy.

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970) (393-4481) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly.

Gene

I'm not sure Dennis understood your message. His response doesn't seem to correspond to your complaint.
Whatever the case, you could have gotten your point across in a civil manner. Instead, you engaged in a flame. I will not tollerate continued violations of the rules regardding civility and flaming.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, December 24, 2020 9:31 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: Admin. [TechTalk] the second episode of blind android users podcast is now uploaded and ready for listening.

I could say the same for what you are doing to your members, particularly on a list that is supposedly unmoderated. But I guess that is a response in and itself. So thank you for clarifying the stupid position of your list, dennis.

On Thu, Dec 24, 2020, 05:48 Dennis L <dennisl1982@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you Gene. To remove anyone from lists you own because they didn’t respond or approve you to a list or remove you from a list they own shows how petty you are. There are podcasts and forums from differing view points on a wide variety of topics so there should be no reason that there can’t be differing opinions on android iOS and the like. You are also hurting your own members of those lists for which you own by removing members you don’t like as you don’t know what useful content those members may have to share with your members.

You have sent this message to a number of lists. I can only speak for this one. I will allow those criticized to respond. I will not allow this thread to continue beyond that. I shall attempt to explain the difference between this and other conduct that occurs on lists of this sort without objection by the owners and to which I do not object.

If someone has a problem with a service or company, a message discussing the matter may be allowed, generally as a part of a larger discussion. Generally, people do not open threads saying I was treated this or that way by this company. Usually, such responses are sent if a certain topic bears on it such as where to buy something. A member may say that they have had bad experiences with this or that vendor or brand as a part of such discussions. A member may send a message saying that this or that list isn't moderated and there is a lot of off topic traffic or that this or that list doesn't like messages from inexperienced users if someone has asked what lists are good for this or that subject. But allowing this sort of unsolicited discussion, a list member sending an angry flame such as the below message is not allowed. Allowing such messages might cause this list to turn into a consumer complaint kind of list and a shaming list and it violates the no flame rule. Sending a message saying I've been trying to join this or that list, will the owners please explain why I haven't been approved is allowed. Messages like this are not.

In future, will anyone who wants to post such criticisms ask using the llist owner's address or write to the moderator or me before posting. The message may not be acceptable as written. It might be modified to fit within the list rules and expectations.

Gene, owner

As at least two hosts of the BAU podcast are incredibly rude, Warren Carr and Austin Pinto, and don't reach out or respond to feedback, I am posting it publicly in hopes of shaming them into a response. Also, in hopes of letting list members know of the kind of hosts they listen to and support, when they choose to listen to this podcast. I tried subscribing to their "unmoderated" list after I was removed for no cause, and provided no reason for why I was removed. Yet my subscription to their list hasn't been approved. I also provided feedback on their last podcast, but never got a response. So maybe a public response will work, maybe not.

If I still don't get a response after this public post, I will be removing all three hosts from any list that I own, including the NVDA community and the Blind Tech Guys podcast within five days.

Also, as to not clutter the list any further, please post your agreement or disagreement privately at nimerjaber1@gmail.com. I normally would not do this in a public manner, but I am tired of seeing this podcast's announcements knowing how they have treated at least two former members of their list.

Thanks.

On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 10:55 PM Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@gmail.com> wrote:

gradually.
the url to listen is.
enjoy.

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

Nimer Jaber

I did not flame Dennis, I called the position of theirs stupid.

In any case, if anyone wishes to participate in a welcoming forum to discuss any form of technology, or if you'd like to listen to the BlindTechGuys podcast, please visit www.blindtechguys.com or send an email directly to blindtechguys+subscribe@... and let me assure you, you won't have to deal with Gene's seemingly arbitrary rules about what is or is not flaming, while he does that to his own members at times. Have a great one everyone. Merry Christmas.

On Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 7:51 AM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
I'm not sure Dennis understood your message.  His response doesn't seem to
correspond to your complaint.
Whatever the case, you could have gotten your point across in a civil
manner.  Instead, you engaged in a flame.  I will not tollerate continued
violations of the rules regardding civility and flaming.

Gene
Subject: Re: Admin. [TechTalk] the second episode of blind android users
podcast is now uploaded and ready for listening.

I could say the same for what you are doing to your members, particularly on
a list that is supposedly unmoderated. But I guess that is a response in and
itself. So thank you for clarifying the stupid position of your list,
dennis.

On Thu, Dec 24, 2020, 05:48 Dennis L <dennisl1982@...> wrote:

Thank you Gene.    To remove anyone from lists you own because they didn’t
respond or approve you to a list or remove you from a list they own  shows
how petty you are.  There are podcasts and forums  from differing view
points on a wide variety of topics so there should be no reason that there
can’t be differing opinions on android iOS and the like.  You are also
hurting your own members of those lists for which you own by removing
members you don’t like as you don’t know what useful content those members
may have to share with your members.

Subject: Re: Admin. [TechTalk] the second eposod of blind android users

You have sent this message to a number of lists.  I can only speak for
this one.  I will allow those criticized to respond.  I will not allow this
thread to continue beyond that.  I shall attempt  to explain the difference
between this and other conduct that occurs on lists of this sort without
objection by the owners and to which I do not object.

If someone has a problem with a service or company, a message discussing the
matter may be allowed, generally as a part of a larger discussion.
Generally, people do not open threads saying I was treated this or that way
by this company.  Usually, such responses are sent if a certain topic bears
on it such as where to buy something.  A member may say that they have had
bad experiences with this or that vendor or brand as a part of such
discussions.  A member may send a message saying that this or that list
isn't moderated and there is a lot of off topic traffic or that this or that
list doesn't like messages from inexperienced users if someone has asked
what lists are good for this or that subject.  But allowing this sort of
unsolicited discussion, a list member sending an angry flame such as the
below message is not allowed.  Allowing such messages might cause this list
to turn into a consumer complaint kind of list and a shaming list and it
violates the no flame rule.  Sending a message saying I've been trying to
join this or that list, will the owners please explain why I haven't been
approved is allowed.  Messages like this are not.

In future, will anyone who wants to post such criticisms ask using the llist
owner's address or write to the moderator or me before posting.  The message
may not be acceptable as written.  It might be modified to fit within the
list rules and expectations.

Gene, owner

As at least two hosts of the BAU podcast are incredibly rude, Warren Carr
and Austin Pinto, and don't reach out or respond to feedback, I am posting
it publicly in hopes of shaming them into a response. Also, in hopes of
letting list members know of the kind of hosts they listen to and support,
when they choose to listen to this podcast. I tried subscribing to their
"unmoderated" list after I was removed for no cause, and provided no reason
for why I was removed. Yet my subscription to their list hasn't been
approved. I also provided feedback on their last podcast, but never got a
response. So maybe a public response will work, maybe not.

I am reaching out, once again, to find out why you claim that the BAU list
is unmoderated, and yet you have not approved my subscription to the list. I
would also like to know when the blindandroidusers.com website will be up,
as it shows a landing page at the moment, so the intro to the podcast links
to a site that isn't up. I am wondering if your team has any plans of
improving audio quality. The quality of the podcast was distracting to
listen to, with the wide variability in audio quality. Finally, I would like
to know if you/your team have tried the GoodMaps app outdoors. For me, the
intersection notifications don't work reliably. There are many features
missing from Nearby Explorer, so I would have liked for the team to address
those. For instance, I would have liked the team to ask about the GeoBeam
feature, as this was really helpful in finding the door to a building.

If I still don't get a response after this public post, I will be removing
all three hosts from any list that I own, including the NVDA community and
the Blind Tech Guys podcast within five days.

Also, as to not clutter the list any further, please post your agreement or
disagreement privately at nimerjaber1@.... I normally would not do
this in a public manner, but I am tired of seeing this podcast's
announcements knowing how they have treated at least two former members of
their list.

Thanks.

On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 10:55 PM Austin Pinto
<austinpinto.xaviers@...> wrote:

gradually.
the url to listen is.
enjoy.

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for
Windows, visit nvaccess.org

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970)
(393-4481) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

May I respectfully suggest that this is a personal matter. There has been a good deal of bouncing of messages these days, especially those from Gmail. Gmail was hacked a week or so ago, and since then, many people have been bouncing and/or having their mail not reach its destination.

Having seen responses from the people mentioned in the original post, may I humbly suggest that these people get together with the original poster off-list and settle this. It doesn't seem to be a huge problem.

Thanks Gene for clarifying what can and can't be posted here.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Author of The Demmies: http://www.dldbooks.com/annparsons/
Portal Tutoring web site: http://www.portaltutoring.info

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Gene

Nimer has left the list. Therefore, I need not respond to his last insulting message further except to say that he can dish it out but he sure can't take it.

I would not have allowed such behavior to continue but I need do nothing now.

Gene

Sent: Thursday, December 24, 2020 10:04 AM
Subject: Re: Admin. [TechTalk] the second episode of blind android users podcast is now uploaded and ready for listening.

In any case, if anyone wishes to participate in a welcoming forum to discuss any form of technology, or if you'd like to listen to the BlindTechGuys podcast, please visit www.blindtechguys.com or send an email directly to mailto:blindtechguys%2Bsubscribe@googlegroups.com and let me assure you, you won't have to deal with Gene's seemingly arbitrary rules about what is or is not flaming, while he does that to his own members at times. Have a great one everyone. Merry Christmas.

On Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 7:51 AM Gene <gsasner@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm not sure Dennis understood your message. His response doesn't seem to
manner. Instead, you engaged in a flame. I will not tollerate continued

Gene

I could say the same for what you are doing to your members, particularly on
a list that is supposedly unmoderated. But I guess that is a response in and
dennis.

Thank you Gene. To remove anyone from lists you own because they didn’t
respond or approve you to a list or remove you from a list they own shows
how petty you are. There are podcasts and forums from differing view
can’t be differing opinions on android iOS and the like. You are also

You have sent this message to a number of lists. I can only speak for
this one. I will allow those criticized to respond. I will not allow this
thread to continue beyond that. I shall attempt to explain the difference

If someone has a problem with a service or company, a message discussing the
by this company. Usually, such responses are sent if a certain topic bears
on it such as where to buy something. A member may say that they have had
discussions. A member may send a message saying that this or that list
isn't moderated and there is a lot of off topic traffic or that this or that
what lists are good for this or that subject. But allowing this sort of
below message is not allowed. Allowing such messages might cause this list
violates the no flame rule. Sending a message saying I've been trying to
approved is allowed. Messages like this are not.

In future, will anyone who wants to post such criticisms ask using the llist
owner's address or write to the moderator or me before posting. The message
may not be acceptable as written. It might be modified to fit within the

Gene, owner

I am reaching out, once again, to find out why you claim that the BAU list
is unmoderated, and yet you have not approved my subscription to the list. I
listen to, with the wide variability in audio quality. Finally, I would like

disagreement privately at nimerjaber1@gmail.com. I normally would not do
their list.

Thanks.

<austinpinto.xaviers@gmail.com> wrote:

gradually.
the url to listen is.
enjoy.

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

so what did nimer do, he has banned me from the nvda mailing list for
no fault of my.
i have written to nvaccess about the same.

On 12/24/20, Gene <gsasner@gmail.com> wrote:
Nimer has left the list. Therefore, I need not respond to his last
insulting message further except to say that he can dish it out but he sure

can't take it.

I would not have allowed such behavior to continue but I need do nothing
now.

Gene

In any case, if anyone wishes to participate in a welcoming forum to discuss

any form of technology, or if you'd like to listen to the BlindTechGuys
podcast, please visit www.blindtechguys.com or send an email directly to
mailto:blindtechguys%2Bsubscribe@googlegroups.com and let me assure you, you

won't have to deal with Gene's seemingly arbitrary rules about what is or is

not flaming, while he does that to his own members at times. Have a great
one everyone. Merry Christmas.

Gene

I could say the same for what you are doing to your members, particularly
on
a list that is supposedly unmoderated. But I guess that is a response in
and
dennis.

If someone has a problem with a service or company, a message discussing
the
isn't moderated and there is a lot of off topic traffic or that this or
that

In future, will anyone who wants to post such criticisms ask using the
llist
owner's address or write to the moderator or me before posting. The

Gene, owner

I am reaching out, once again, to find out why you claim that the BAU
list
is unmoderated, and yet you have not approved my subscription to the list.
I
listen to, with the wide variability in audio quality. Finally, I would

their list.

Thanks.

gradually.
the url to listen is.
enjoy.

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

--
search for me on facebook, google+, orkut..
austinpinto.xaviers@gmail.com
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

Mich Verrier

He said that you where rude and that you didn’t reply to messages. He said a lot more and you can find that out by following the three. Hth from much

On Dec 24, 2020, at 11:50 AM, Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@gmail.com> wrote:

no fault of my.

can't take it.

now.

Gene

Gene

on
and
dennis.

the
that

llist

Gene, owner

list
I

their list.

Thanks.

gradually.
the url to listen is.
enjoy.

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

--
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

Gene

This isn't a proper subject to continue. If you read the thread, you will see what he said, my response and others. It isn't appropriate to discuss what Nimer has done elsewhere. the thread on this list will be self-explanatory.

Gene

Sent: Thursday, December 24, 2020 10:50 AM

no fault of my.

can't take it.

now.

Gene

Gene

on
and
dennis.

the
that

llist

Gene, owner

list
I

their list.

Thanks.

gradually.
the url to listen is.
enjoy.

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

--
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3