New Lenovo IdeaPad Help Please.

Janet

Hi Everyone,
Well, I thought I wasn't going to receive my new Lenovo IdeaPad until Jan 06-2021, but I just received it, and I don't know what to do with it now! LOL! I do know it might take me sometime to learn the keys, as some of them are long and some of them are wide, and the keys are a little larger than what I am used to. The keys are also close to each other. Any suggestions how to get started with this, meaning I need some speech, or there isn't any point in me even turning it on! LOL! Someone mentioned to turn on Narrator, but I don't remember how to turn it on.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Marten Post Uiterweer

Janet" ,

You can cturn on Narrator with ctrl-win-enter, but I am not sure with
wat screen the Lenovo will start.

You can try to start the laptop and after a while press this shortkey.

It can also be, that the laptop will ask to install windows and in this
case I am not sure if Narrator is working.

Regards, Marten

On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 22:59:39 +0000 "Janet" <janet.harvard@outlook.com> wrote:

Hi Everyone,
Well, I thought I wasn't going to receive my new Lenovo IdeaPad until Jan 06-2021, but I just received it, and I don't know what to do with it now! LOL! I do know it might take me sometime to learn the keys, as some of them are long and some of them are wide, and the keys are a little larger than what I am used to. The keys are also close to each other. Any suggestions how to get started with this, meaning I need some speech, or there isn't any point in me even turning it on! LOL! Someone mentioned to turn on Narrator, but I don't remember how to turn it on.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Janet

HI Marten,
Thank you for this, but I don't even know if Windows 10 is already installed, although, I don't think so. The person who helped me online with this, said Windows is already installed. I don't know the Lenovo key on the keyboard in which I think I might need. I don't know the product key number either. LOL! I don't know if Narrator will walk me through all the steps or not though. I don't know if this was a good idea buying this Laptop either. Thank you anyway. I greatly appreciate it.

[...]

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

Janet,
Power the laptop up and wait a minute for the booth process to begin. Then press the ctrl Plus Windows key plus enter and soon Narrator will begin talking.
I am quite sure that Windows 10 is on the machine and if you take your time and listen to the prompts, you can get it set up. Many of us have done it before you.
I also believe that the Office suite is a thirty day trial unless you paid extra to have the package.
The important thing is not to let it intimidate you. LOL!

[...]

Monte Single

Absolutely, I am sure win 10 is already installed. I have never heard of a
brand name pc being sold without an operating system being already
installed.

wrote:

Hi Everyone,
Well, I thought I wasn't going to receive my new Lenovo IdeaPad until Jan
06-2021, but I just received it, and I don't know what to do with it now!
LOL! I do know it might take me sometime to learn the keys, as some of
them are long and some of them are wide, and the keys are a little larger
than what I am used to. The keys are also close to each other. Any
suggestions how to get started with this, meaning I need some speech, or
there isn't any point in me even turning it on! LOL! Someone mentioned
to turn on Narrator, but I don't remember how to turn it on.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Janet

Hi Monte,
I was told Windows 10 was installed, but when I was doing some research online, I just happened to come across some reviews, and answers and questions, so, I also saw directions how to install Windows 10 on the Laptop I just bought, and I thought to myself, oh my goodness, I have to install Windows ten too! LOL! I'm really not sure though if Windows is actually installed or not though, but because I don't like that keyboard, I will just take it back to Best Buy. I will try and buy another Laptop, and this time, I will be fore sure if Windows is installed or not. I do remember when I bought my last two Desktops, Windows 7 was not installed though. I had to pay someone to come over and install it for me. Matter of fact, I'll never forget when I bought my very first Desktop, in which was from Best Buy, but low in behold, when they downloaded Windows XP, they actually downloaded a virus on my Desktop though, so then because I had just bought it, and had no internet service at home as of yet, they gave me another Desktop.

Janet
Janet

wrote:

Hi Everyone,
Well, I thought I wasn't going to receive my new Lenovo IdeaPad until Jan
06-2021, but I just received it, and I don't know what to do with it now!
LOL! I do know it might take me sometime to learn the keys, as some of
them are long and some of them are wide, and the keys are a little larger
than what I am used to. The keys are also close to each other. Any
suggestions how to get started with this, meaning I need some speech, or
there isn't any point in me even turning it on! LOL! Someone mentioned
to turn on Narrator, but I don't remember how to turn it on.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Janet

Hi Marie,
Don't let it intimidate me, laughing, so you made my day! I was pretty close to letting it intimidate me! Laughing! I can't stand the keyboard though, so I haven't even turned it on. As far as the MS, I think that was a 6 month trial though, but I don't want MS, but I'm just not for sure if I will need MS or not, but I'll see. I will see what I can find at Best Buy Monday when I take back the Laptop I just bought.
Thank you so much!

wrote:

Hi Everyone,
Well, I thought I wasn't going to receive my new Lenovo IdeaPad until Jan
06-2021, but I just received it, and I don't know what to do with it now!
LOL! I do know it might take me sometime to learn the keys, as some of
them are long and some of them are wide, and the keys are a little larger
than what I am used to. The keys are also close to each other. Any
suggestions how to get started with this, meaning I need some speech, or
there isn't any point in me even turning it on! LOL! Someone mentioned
to turn on Narrator, but I don't remember how to turn it on.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Gene

Computer manufacturers sell computers with Windows installed. You can buy computers with no operating system installed, but those are specialized items and are not what you will get buying computers made for the general consumer.

wrote:

Hi Everyone,
Well, I thought I wasn't going to receive my new Lenovo IdeaPad until Jan
06-2021, but I just received it, and I don't know what to do with it now!
LOL! I do know it might take me sometime to learn the keys, as some of
them are long and some of them are wide, and the keys are a little larger
than what I am used to. The keys are also close to each other. Any
suggestions how to get started with this, meaning I need some speech, or
there isn't any point in me even turning it on! LOL! Someone mentioned
to turn on Narrator, but I don't remember how to turn it on.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Catherine Clegg

I hate laptop keyboards so I always buy an external one

wrote:

Hi Everyone,
Well, I thought I wasn't going to receive my new Lenovo IdeaPad until Jan
06-2021, but I just received it, and I don't know what to do with it now!
LOL! I do know it might take me sometime to learn the keys, as some of
them are long and some of them are wide, and the keys are a little larger
than what I am used to. The keys are also close to each other. Any
suggestions how to get started with this, meaning I need some speech, or
there isn't any point in me even turning it on! LOL! Someone mentioned
to turn on Narrator, but I don't remember how to turn it on.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Janet

Hi,
May I ask you why you say you don't like Laptop keyboards? I've never used a Laptop before, and I don't know very much about them, so if you would please shed some light on the factors of Laptop keyboards, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you.
Janet

wrote:

Hi Everyone,
Well, I thought I wasn't going to receive my new Lenovo IdeaPad until Jan
06-2021, but I just received it, and I don't know what to do with it now!
LOL! I do know it might take me sometime to learn the keys, as some of
them are long and some of them are wide, and the keys are a little larger
than what I am used to. The keys are also close to each other. Any
suggestions how to get started with this, meaning I need some speech, or
there isn't any point in me even turning it on! LOL! Someone mentioned
to turn on Narrator, but I don't remember how to turn it on.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Janet

Hi Gene,
Best Buy told me they have to always install Windows, as it is not installed until a customer buys one.

Janet

wrote:

Hi Everyone,
Well, I thought I wasn't going to receive my new Lenovo IdeaPad until Jan
06-2021, but I just received it, and I don't know what to do with it now!
LOL! I do know it might take me sometime to learn the keys, as some of
them are long and some of them are wide, and the keys are a little larger
than what I am used to. The keys are also close to each other. Any
suggestions how to get started with this, meaning I need some speech, or
there isn't any point in me even turning it on! LOL! Someone mentioned
to turn on Narrator, but I don't remember how to turn it on.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Lenron

Best buy lied. When you buy a windows computer normally in stores
windows is already installed. Also for the last few years when using a
laptop most of the time I use a wireless keyboard. I like having
access to the applications key, and keyboard choice is just really
nice.

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

Janet,
You are confusing installing Win 10 and setting it up. The OS is installed but you have to set it up for your use. And if the person at Best Buy told you they have to install it after purchase, they lied! You are getting some very good advice from this list but it seems you are not listening. Good luck

wrote:

Hi Everyone,
Well, I thought I wasn't going to receive my new Lenovo IdeaPad until Jan
06-2021, but I just received it, and I don't know what to do with it now!
LOL! I do know it might take me sometime to learn the keys, as some of
them are long and some of them are wide, and the keys are a little larger
than what I am used to. The keys are also close to each other. Any
suggestions how to get started with this, meaning I need some speech, or
there isn't any point in me even turning it on! LOL! Someone mentioned
to turn on Narrator, but I don't remember how to turn it on.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Catherine Clegg

Laptop keyboards can be small have strange placement and just harder to navigate. Maybe I am just used to using an external keyboard at home and at work before I retired.

wrote:

Hi Everyone,
Well, I thought I wasn't going to receive my new Lenovo IdeaPad until Jan
06-2021, but I just received it, and I don't know what to do with it now!
LOL! I do know it might take me sometime to learn the keys, as some of
them are long and some of them are wide, and the keys are a little larger
than what I am used to. The keys are also close to each other. Any
suggestions how to get started with this, meaning I need some speech, or
there isn't any point in me even turning it on! LOL! Someone mentioned
to turn on Narrator, but I don't remember how to turn it on.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

gbmagoo@...

Hi,

What movel did you buy?

Send the info to me please.

Thanks

wrote:

Hi Everyone,
Well, I thought I wasn't going to receive my new Lenovo IdeaPad
until Jan 06-2021, but I just received it, and I don't know what to do with it now!
LOL! I do know it might take me sometime to learn the keys, as some
of them are long and some of them are wide, and the keys are a
little larger than what I am used to. The keys are also close to
each other. Any suggestions how to get started with this, meaning I
need some speech, or there isn't any point in me even turning it on!
LOL! Someone mentioned to turn on Narrator, but I don't remember how to turn it on.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Carolyn Arnold

I would not get a laptop, if I had to use another keyboard, don't have one for my iPhone, wouldn't have one for it. That just makes for too clumsy maneuvering in my opinion.

wrote:

Hi Everyone,
Well, I thought I wasn't going to receive my new Lenovo IdeaPad until
Jan 06-2021, but I just received it, and I don't know what to do with it now!
LOL! I do know it might take me sometime to learn the keys, as some
of them are long and some of them are wide, and the keys are a little
larger than what I am used to. The keys are also close to each
other. Any suggestions how to get started with this, meaning I need
some speech, or there isn't any point in me even turning it on! LOL!
Someone mentioned to turn on Narrator, but I don't remember how to turn it on.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Carolyn Arnold

Windows came with my desktop. It had Windows 8 on it. Jim ran all the updates on it (131 of them), skipped 8.1, and installed 10. I knew that was why I got such a good buy on it; it had been in stock for a while.

We got his Gateway in late 2014 for $299. It is still going.

wrote:

Hi Everyone,
Well, I thought I wasn't going to receive my new Lenovo IdeaPad until
Jan 06-2021, but I just received it, and I don't know what to do with it now!
LOL! I do know it might take me sometime to learn the keys, as some
of them are long and some of them are wide, and the keys are a little
larger than what I am used to. The keys are also close to each
other. Any suggestions how to get started with this, meaning I need
some speech, or there isn't any point in me even turning it on! LOL!
Someone mentioned to turn on Narrator, but I don't remember how to turn it on.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832
Skype: ron.brown762

Lenron

All about use cases. sometimes I have my laptop sitting on a table
where sitting there just won't work. Maybe I just want to lay in bed
and holding my laptop is not ideal. At that point a wireless keyboard
comes in handy. Even with my desktop as it is right now having this
wireless board is perfect because of where the tower is.

wrote:

[...]

Carolyn,
I feel the same way about another keyboard. Just too many things to buy and to carry. Now, if I had an old Laptop, and the keys were not any good, and I wanted to keep the Laptop, I might then think about it, but other than that, an extra keyboard, I would not be in favor of.

Janet

wrote:

Hi Everyone,
Well, I thought I wasn't going to receive my new Lenovo IdeaPad until
Jan 06-2021, but I just received it, and I don't know what to do with it now!
LOL! I do know it might take me sometime to learn the keys, as some
of them are long and some of them are wide, and the keys are a little
larger than what I am used to. The keys are also close to each
other. Any suggestions how to get started with this, meaning I need
some speech, or there isn't any point in me even turning it on! LOL!
Someone mentioned to turn on Narrator, but I don't remember how to turn it on.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

chris judge

I have a couple of lap tops but I only have them because I require portability sometimes. If I was planning to use my computer at home all the time, in one place, I would never choose a lap top over a desk top computer. Consider the following.

One can now buy desktop computers that are both tiny and powerful. You can get computers that are All-in-one, which means all the goodies, except for the keyboard are built in to the unit, similar to the way apple does it with the iMac..
If you are using your laptop with it's built-in keyboard and you spill something such as a coffee or any other liquid in to it, you risk ruining the entire device. If you do this to an external keyboard, you just say "oh rats" toss the keyboard out and plug another one in.
I spilled an entire cup of hot chocolate in to my X Wifes laptop many years ago, and although it wasn't the cause of our eventual divorce, it sure earned me a trip to the dog house. 😀

Chris Judge