Using A Laptop with JAWS Questions Please.

Janet

Hi Everyone,
I'm thinking of buying a Laptop without the Num Pad. My question is how accessible is JAWS with a Laptop without a Num Pad?

Janet

Peace Be With You.

chris judge

Hi Janet.

Jaws is completely accessible without a NumPad. Under jaws basic options you
can choose laptop layout. When you install jaws, run the start-up wizard as
you normally would to personalize jaws. When you get to keyboard layout,
choose laptop. This will set the CapsLock key as your jaws key. A complete
list of the laptop keystrokes can be found under the jaws help menu. I
always set my keyboard to laptop regardless of whether I have a NumPad or
not.

Chris Judge