paypal

Ann Parsons

Hi,

I've been trying all morning to send money to a friend for some computer work he had done for me. I can log in. I can type in his email addy or phone, but then everything goes to hell in a handbasket! There's no place for an amount, and there's the buttons for all my contacts. If I wanted one of my contacts, I would have said so! Why can't this be easy like it used to be?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Ann Parsons

Hi,

I have tried all browsers and all screen readers. So now what?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Holly

Ann:

Many people have been having problems with PayPal using a chromium based browser. Try using Firefox or Internet Explorer.

Gene

I've seen this discussed on one or two other lists. If you use a different, not Chrome-based browser, it should be as you expect or more or less so.

I recall that someone used Firefox and was able to work with the form.

I've been trying all morning to send money to a friend for some
computer work he had done for me. I can log in. I can type in his
email addy or phone, but then everything goes to hell in a handbasket!
There's no place for an amount, and there's the buttons for all my
contacts. If I wanted one of my contacts, I would have said so! Why
can't this be easy like it used to be?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Gene

You may see my other message to a different list before I answered this one. If you already tried other nonChrome-based browsers, I'm not sure if I have other suggestions that will help. I'll suggest the following in case it does:
try going into forms mode and tabbing through the fields to see if anything different is available.

I have tried all browsers and all screen readers. So now what?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Gerald Levy

Well, Ann, if you have tried nine ways to Sunday to enter the amount you want to send but have had no success with any browser or screen reader, then I'm afraid you are out of luck because PayPal currently has no telephone or email customer support, so there is no way to report the problem or get help.  This is unconscionable for a company of this size.  There is absolutely no reason whatsoever why they can't have customer support agents work from home like other major companies.  You could even make the case that by not providing support for blind customers, they are violating the ADA.  I have also been having problems myself with PayPal.  I have been trying unsuccessfully for three months to update the expiration date for my credit card, but every time I try, I get the message, sorry, we are not able to process your request right now, try again later. And this is with JAWS, NVDA, Chrome, Firefox and IE.   So what can I do?  I'm screwed just like you. If you want to get ambitious, maybe you could get the ACB to file a complaint against them with our consumer-friendly Attorney General, Tish James.

Gerald

On 12/31/2020 11:46 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi,

I have tried all browsers and all screen readers.  So now what?

Ann P.

Andy

This happens to me when I use JAWS and Google Chrome. My fix is to use Firefox.

Andy

I've been trying all morning to send money to a friend for some computer work he had done for me. I can log in. I can type in his email addy or phone, but then everything goes to hell in a handbasket! There's no place for an amount, and there's the buttons for all my contacts. If I wanted one of my contacts, I would have said so! Why can't this be easy like it used to be?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Kimsan

I experienced the same exact thing last night, using all browsers. I was
trying to send money to someone, after typing in the address, I was lost.
You know? Let me try using the touch curser, I never use that but I'm going
to try it.
After 20 minutes of trying and going in circles, I just used the pay pal app
on my phone, which I know not all use iPhones, I'm just saying I used the
app.

Kimsan Song
kimsansong@icloud.com
If you are into HipHop or R&B, I invite you to subscribe to my youtube
artist channel at
Also, you may follow me on twitter:
https://twitter.com/kims4ns0ng

I've been trying all morning to send money to a friend for some computer
work he had done for me. I can log in. I can type in his email addy or
phone, but then everything goes to hell in a handbasket!
There's no place for an amount, and there's the buttons for all my contacts.
If I wanted one of my contacts, I would have said so! Why can't this be
easy like it used to be?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Holly, I explained carefully and fully that I had "tried all browsers and all screen readers". I have been urging people to use FF or Explorer for the past two weeks. So don't give me back my words.

I do have additional info. What I was trying to do was pay a friend for some computer work he had done for me. I put his email in the edit box and in some browsers I would get a button with his name and so on and I would press the spacebar or enter, and nothing would happen. I would try to activate the 'next' button and nothing happened.

Then, my friend sent me a request for money. This I received in email, and it had a link. I activated the link and boom! I was good to go. I paid him for fixing this computer and all is well.

I only had trouble when initiating my purchase myself. I don't know what's with Paypal, but somebody needs to tell them that all their ads and all their links and all their fall-dee-roll is *not* appreciated. We want a simple interface with controls that work, thank you!

Ann P.

Many people have been having problems with PayPal using a chromium based
browser. Try using Firefox or Internet Explorer.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Gene

Did you try different ways of activating the button? While the problem may be something else, it may be as simple as that the button is not encoded properly to be activated from the keyboard. I know links can be encoded in that way, requiring a mouse. I wouldn't be surprised if buttons can be as well. It is very important for people to describe what they have done and just what problem is being encountered. I didn't even think of that as a possibility until you presented the detailed information.

Its too late to try it now, but next time if the problem happens again, try using whatever you use, the JAWS cursor, I think, to activate the button and see what happens. I'm not optimistic, but you never know and many times, there are controls I must use the simulated mouse on on this or that wweb page.

[...]

Sorry. Didn't read your complete post.

I haven't sent money in awhile, but when I did last, and was not having any luck putting in a phone number, someone on a list a long while back suggested to 'shift tab' on the 'next' link, and that would open the edit field to put in the recipient's name or number. Don't know if this will still work.

I agree with you that it is ridiculous that this problem exists though.

Rob Hudson

That doesn't work. At least it did not for me about two weeks ago.

[...]

I hope Paypal is receiving enough complaints that they might take notice. If my suggestion doesn't work, I don't have more except to try turning off the virtual pc cursor or browse mode when on the button and pressing the space bar and enter if the space bar doesn't work. But I doubt that will work..

[...]

Nope, it does not. At least, in chromium-based browsers. I had to revert to an old 50x portable firefox to use paypal to send money.

I hope Paypal is receiving enough complaints that they might take notice.
If my suggestion doesn't work, I don't have more except to try turning off
the virtual pc cursor or browse mode when on the button and pressing the
space bar and enter if the space bar doesn't work. But I doubt that will
work..

That may be something important when people want ways to deal with the problem. It is very easy to get versions of Firefox portable that old and those versions, being portable, can be used without disrupting the current version of Firefox whichh may be installed or on the machine as a portable.

Nope, it does not. At least, in chromium-based browsers. I had to revert to an old 50x portable firefox to use paypal to send money.

I hope Paypal is receiving enough complaints that they might take notice.
If my suggestion doesn't work, I don't have more except to try turning off
the virtual pc cursor or browse mode when on the button and pressing the
space bar and enter if the space bar doesn't work. But I doubt that will
work..

Gene

Gerald Levy

How can anybody complain to PayPal for them to take notice?  They currently have no customer support of any kind.  If you call their customer support phone number at 888-221-1161, as I have been trying to do since October, you will go through a series of menus until you finally get an automated message that tells you that there is no phone help available for your problem.  And if you email them at service@..., you will receive an automated response suggesting that you post your question on their message center.  But if you visit their message center and ask your question, you will receive an automated response suggesting articles of interest related to your problem but no direct answer.  If anyone has figured out a way tocontact a live person (as opposed to a dead person) at PayPal, please let us know, because I have plenty to tell them.

Gerald

-----Original Message----- From: Rob Hudson
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2020 4:04 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

That doesn't work. At least it did not for me about two weeks ago.

Holly, I explained carefully and fully that I had "tried all browsers
and all screen readers".  I have been urging people to use FF or
Explorer for the past two weeks.  So don't give me back my words.

I do have additional info.  What I was trying to do was pay a friend
for some computer work he had done for me.  I put his email in the edit
box and in some browsers I would get a button with his name and so on
and I would press the spacebar or enter, and nothing would happen.   I
would try to activate the 'next' button and nothing happened.

Then, my friend sent me a request for money.  This I received in email,
and it had a link.  I activated the link and boom!  I was good to go.
I paid him for fixing this computer and all is well.

I only had trouble when initiating my purchase myself.  I don't know
what's with Paypal, but somebody needs to tell them that all their ads
and all their links and all their fall-dee-roll is *not* appreciated.
We want a simple interface with controls that work, thank you!

Ann P.

> Many people have been having problems with PayPal using a chromium based
> browser.  Try using Firefox or Internet Explorer.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL:  akp@...
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Gene

Maybe its time for the blind advocacy organizations to become involved. I wonder if the situation has been brought to their attention. This should be a situation where the major organizations would be very willing to cooperate.

Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2020 4:04 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

[...]

Anything's worth trying once. I didn't try using the keys to activate the mouse, I'll certainly give it a whirl next time. I was so frustrated, I couldn't think straight after a while. I had tried System Access, NVDA and Jaws. I tried Chrome, FF and IE. Nothing seemed to work!

Ann P.