Question about iPads

Sharon Hooley

Hi,

I'm thinking of the possibility of getting myself an iPad. I'm curious, are there a lot of things we can do with an iPad that we can't on an iPhone? I understand there's Swift Playground, but are there other major apps and features too?

Thanks,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

Fawaz Abdul rahman

Hi, not much to be honest but I love the iPad, the speaker, battery, and the whole feel of it. I love the iPad in general.

There are some features such as split window and stuff, but I don’t think there are major things you can do on iPad which you cannot on the iPhone.

If you are going to get an iPad, get the new air or a pro. I recommend the new air, since it is cheaper and provides similar experience to the pro.

Mainly the 4 speakers 😊

And the light weight.

Good luck.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I'm thinking of the possibility of getting myself an iPad.  I'm curious, are there a lot of things we can do with an iPad that we can't on an iPhone?  I understand there's Swift Playground, but are there other major apps and features too?

Thanks,

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit

www.CochlearAmericas.com

Joe Orozco

I think it depends on what you want the device to do. If you're
primarily consuming content, I see no difference between the iPad and
iPhone. I would say it would be better use of your money to invest in
one of the iPhone pro models for better battery life and singularity
of one device versus two. If you're thinking about producing content,
an iPad would kind of make sense, but consider getting a physical
keyboard to pair with it. I only say "kind of" because I still think a
full laptop, or even one of the smaller ultrabooks, still provides
better document editing functionality, audio editing, etc. But, this
is only one guy's opinion.

Joe

On 1/4/21, Fawaz Abdul rahman <fawaz.ar94@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Victor

And iPad, especially an iPad Pro with a keyboard can serve as a good alternative to the traditional laptop. However, you will have to be willing to adapt to using touch gestures with different kinds of abs. But it’s worth noting that many of these apps are comparable to abs for desktop and laptop computers. Plus, iPad OS and the abs that go with it are improving all the time. So much of this is just a matter of personal preference. Personally, I would probably be willing to use an iPad Pro as a laptop alternative. I am into audio editing and there are many apps that are very good for that.

Victor

On Jan 4, 2021, at 9:20 AM, Joe Orozco <jsoro824@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Juan Gonzalez <jgonzalezh614@...>

I have never found a use for an iPad, but from what others say it is good for exploring maps since there is more screen space.

Juan Gonzalez

IT – DAX Analyst/IT Support Technician | Information Technology

Phone: 312 .666.1331 Ext. 3704

www.chicagolighthouse.org