From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Carolyn
Arnold
Sent: January 5, 2021 3:14 PM
To: Tech Talk <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] Problem with email delivery.

My friend got a new email account. When I first entered, I accidentally put
@gmail.net. Right away, once I realized that, after sending her an email or
two, I deleted the net and entered com. Still, I got the delivery problem,
so I deleted her from my Contact completely. I reentered the correct Gmail
address; still, the problem continues. I checked my Address Book, as well as
Contact List, and the proper address is there. Yet, I continue to get the
messages about delivery to gmail.net. What can I do to remedy this problem,
please? I told her I was going to ask you all to see if anyone had any ideas
for solution to this problem.

Carolyn Arnold

Chris, I stopped everything, went to Outbox - zero messages,
unfortunately.

Check the out box. It will probably have an unsent message
in it. Delete that and all should be well.

My friend got a new email account. When I first entered, I
accidentally put @gmail.net. Right away, once I realized
that, after sending her an email or two, I deleted the net
and entered com. Still, I got the delivery problem, so I
deleted her from my Contact completely. I reentered the
correct Gmail address; still, the problem continues. I
checked my Address Book, as well as Contact List, and the
proper address is there. Yet, I continue to get the messages
about delivery to gmail.net. What can I do to remedy this
problem, please? I told her I was going to ask you all to
see if anyone had any ideas for solution to this problem.

Gene

I really doubt it. A delivery failure message would result from a delivery failure, not from an unsent message. An unsent message has never been attempted to be delivered.

How long and how often do you receive the undelivery message? When mail can't be delivered, you may receive a number of failure messages over a period of many days. the messages may say something like this was the third delivery attempt, we shall continue to try two more times. Your message may not have said that but at this point, wait to see if the messages stop. They should stop by themselves.

Check the out box. It will probably have an unsent message in it. Delete
that and all should be well.

My friend got a new email account. When I first entered, I accidentally put
@gmail.net. Right away, once I realized that, after sending her an email or
two, I deleted the net and entered com. Still, I got the delivery problem,
so I deleted her from my Contact completely. I reentered the correct Gmail
address; still, the problem continues. I checked my Address Book, as well as
Contact List, and the proper address is there. Yet, I continue to get the
messages about delivery to gmail.net. What can I do to remedy this problem,
please? I told her I was going to ask you all to see if anyone had any ideas
for solution to this problem.

Carolyn Arnold

This has been going on for a year or so. I send her several
a week, and they just keep coming. As far as we can figure,
she eventually get them all or most of them anyway. I just
don't know what to do to get that net out of my computer.
I've tried typing it in, regardless of the address coming
up, which says dot com, when it does.

Check the out box. It will probably have an unsent message
in it. Delete that and all should be well.

My friend got a new email account. When I first entered, I
accidentally put @gmail.net. Right away, once I realized
that, after sending her an email or two, I deleted the net
and entered com. Still, I got the delivery problem, so I
deleted her from my Contact completely. I reentered the
correct Gmail address; still, the problem continues. I
checked my Address Book, as well as Contact List, and the
proper address is there. Yet, I continue to get the messages
about delivery to gmail.net. What can I do to remedy this
problem, please? I told her I was going to ask you all to
see if anyone had any ideas for solution to this problem.

Gene

I'm not sure what is occuring. If you check and see that the message is going to the correct address, it shouldn't go to both addresses. it sounds as though the messages are going to the correct address and to the incorrect address.

There are ways to place an address in a message using contacts that don't involve autocomplete. If you don't know how to do that with your specific program, ask here.

Meantime, try manually writing the entire address in the to line of a message and don't use autocomplete. Send the message and see what happens.

Check the out box. It will probably have an unsent message
in it. Delete that and all should be well.

My friend got a new email account. When I first entered, I
accidentally put @gmail.net. Right away, once I realized
that, after sending her an email or two, I deleted the net
and entered com. Still, I got the delivery problem, so I
deleted her from my Contact completely. I reentered the
correct Gmail address; still, the problem continues. I
checked my Address Book, as well as Contact List, and the
proper address is there. Yet, I continue to get the messages
about delivery to gmail.net. What can I do to remedy this
problem, please? I told her I was going to ask you all to
see if anyone had any ideas for solution to this problem.

Carolyn Arnold

Yes, thank you, how do you put in address without
Auto-Complete? I guess you go into Outlook settings and find
it and turn it off? What a hassle!

Check the out box. It will probably have an unsent message
in it. Delete that and all should be well.

My friend got a new email account. When I first entered, I
accidentally put @gmail.net. Right away, once I realized
that, after sending her an email or two, I deleted the net
and entered com. Still, I got the delivery problem, so I
deleted her from my Contact completely. I reentered the
correct Gmail address; still, the problem continues. I
checked my Address Book, as well as Contact List, and the
proper address is there. Yet, I continue to get the messages
about delivery to gmail.net. What can I do to remedy this
problem, please? I told her I was going to ask you all to
see if anyone had any ideas for solution to this problem.

Gene

Just manually type the address. I believe you can turn autocomplete off but it isn't necessary. Autocomplete puts an address on screen before you finish typing but the more you type, it may change the address and if you type everything, it does nothing. What you type replaces whatever autocomplete previously placed in the field. So try manually typing the entire address and see if that eliminates the problem. After that test, list members will know whether other suggestions to avoid autocomplete in this case would help.

[...]

I have tried the manually typing. However, I went into
Outlook Options, turned off Auto-Complete, emptied the
Auto-Complete list. I have sent her two emails with no
Undeliverable message emails. I told her what you suggested,
so we give you our thanks for a solution!