computer speakers that don't need an earphone jack to work?

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

The earphone jack on my laptop doesn't work and I need a new set of speakers. Are there any speakers available that don't require the earphone jack? If not I have an adapter that allows me to use one of my USB ports as an earphone jack, would that work to bypass the nonworking earphone jack in all cases? I have my current set of speakers plugged that way and they work except for a short that's developing but I don't want to buy something that I can't use and have to send it back because I can't use my adapter.

Thanks.

Troy

Nimer Jaber

Yes, and there are strictly USB speakers, so that is what you look for.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

attachments for security threats.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

Thank you, and have a great day!

Troy Burnham

Unless I just haven't looked far enough yet, everything I've found on amazon require the earphone jack even though they are USB speakers.

Troy

On 1/10/2021 3:05 PM, Nimer Jaber wrote:
[...]

Carolyn Arnold

I got some for $25 at OfficeMax. I can't remember what kind they ewre, but Bose has them; they probably would cost more than these did.

The earphone jack on my laptop doesn't work and I need a new set of speakers. Are there any speakers available that don't require the earphone jack? If not I have an adapter that allows me to use one of my USB ports as an earphone jack, would that work to bypass the nonworking earphone jack in all cases? I have my current set of speakers plugged that way and they work except for a short that's developing but I don't want to buy something that I can't use and have to send it back because I can't use my adapter.

Thanks.

Troy

Carolyn Arnold

Mine have, but do not require, an earphone jack.

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org <http://www.nvda-project.org>

Thank you, and have a great day!

Troy Burnham

I want to buy speakers from amazon because I received amazon gift cards for Christmas.

Troy